Fitbit app and battery consumption

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone with the Fitbit app tell me if this is normal??!
Just moving around the house. Nothing crazy. Battery consumption looks high?

Thanks. Screenshot_20220112-172728.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! It looks pretty high to me, especially if you're not using the app as intensively. With higher activity my Fitbit will use 5% battery in 24 hours.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello! It looks pretty high to me, especially if you're not using the app as intensively. With higher activity my Fitbit will use 5% battery in 24 hours.
Ha that's a huge difference. Don't use it for anything but the normal step tracking. That sucks.
Let's see what others post and if it is just me high like this.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine is at 12% for the past 24 hours. The app's battery usage setting is "unrestricted." I did go for a walk today. And every morning, I manually sync to see what kind of sleep I got for the night. I have a Charge 2 (been holding out for a Pixel watch 🤞) What device do you have? I wonder if that makes a difference.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Mine is at 12% for the past 24 hours. The app's battery usage setting is "unrestricted." I did go for a walk today. And every morning, I manually sync to see what kind of sleep I got for the night. I have a Charge 2 (been holding out for a Pixel watch ) What device do you have? I wonder if that makes a difference.
I have versa 3.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Mine is at 12% for the past 24 hours. The app's battery usage setting is "unrestricted." I did go for a walk today. And every morning, I manually sync to see what kind of sleep I got for the night. I have a Charge 2 (been holding out for a Pixel watch ) What device do you have? I wonder if that makes a difference.
I also just changed the battery setting to Optimized. It was unrestricted. Let's see if that helps.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I had to turn off Fitbit AND Bluetooth because the battery drain was enormous, higher than the 23%. I only turn it on to check stats. The Mobile Network Standby and Idle drains when running LTE are on average 25% and 6%. This is on a clean running phone, optimized throughout. The Pixel 6 Pro I'm running... is a battery hog and a design failure by Google.

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
This is definitely high when compared to mine. When I look at my battery usage with the Fitbit app running in the background for 16 hours, it's still only using about 5% of my battery. Currently Facebook is my highest battery consumer , followed by an app called 'Android system intelligence'.

Hopefully that last one is not something malicious that has been installed on my phone, as I have no idea what it is.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The battery usage for apps is the percent of battery used, not an absolute number. So if app X used 50% of your battery, but your battery was down to 80%, then app X used 10% of your total battery.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
2% since last charge 29 hours ago for my Charge 2.

Don't think I buy the none absolute assertion made above.

blueyestm

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a Sense and my battery consumption was out of control too. It was on unrestricted and I put it on optimized and it has settled down some but still more than it should be. I haven't looked to see which update did this yet and probably won't have time for a little bit due to be busy.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As a data point, the Fitbit app on my Pixel 5 shows 8% over the past 24 hours. Garmin Connect app shows 5% over the same past 24 hours. The Fitbit Sense and Garmin Venue are configured to sync continuously. In the Play Store app, the Fitbit app shows it was last updated Dec 6, 2021; and is version 3.52. Battery usage is set to "Unrestricted".

I use both fitness devices to track daily activity, workouts and sleep; as I'm trying to decide upon which device to primarily use long-term. The Pixel 5 is running Android 12 with the January 5, 2022 security update.

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem pre the Jan update. I changed it from Optimized to Restricted and the percentage went down to normal. When the Jan update came, the app went battery hogging crazy again and i just went in an toggled back to Optimized then back to Restricted and restarted. It has been fine (down to 1% to 2%) since. Hope that works for you all.

WafflesYeen

Jan 17, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for this answer. I was literally about to ask the same thing here as I looked at my Fitbit app the other day and it had consumed 38 p event of my battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno