Pixel 7 with Samsung Watch 5/Pro

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a S20 and I can trade it in with T-Mobile and get the Pixel 7 pro for $100 split up over 24 months. Does anyone have the Samsung watch paired with the new Pixel? Also because the watch 5 runs similar wear os as Pixel watch can someone confirm they can get phones from Google on Samsung watch and be able to decline those calls on watch.

thacounty

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the GW4 and P7P. It is working exactly as it did on my S22U. I can take and decline calls, as well as anything it could do before.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I glad to here that it the Samsung watch with wear os works well with Pixel phones. When I had the 6pro and a watch 4 I could not accept or reject calls and I got rid of the phone before any updates changed the interaction.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Like?

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

I know ECG and blood pressure is not available without Samsung phone. Not sure if there are others. I know body composition, heart rate, and sleeping all work on non-Samsung phones (at least they do on my Pixel 6)

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I know ECG and blood pressure is not available without Samsung phone. Not sure if there are others. I know body composition, heart rate, and sleeping all work on non-Samsung phones (at least they do on my Pixel 6)
Yeah, I knew the ecg and blood pressure, but those are useless features anyways as the accuracy isn't really good, but as far as I know, everything else works. Especially the o Especially that are worth having anyways.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I knew the ecg and blood pressure, but those are useless features anyways as the accuracy isn't really good, but as far as I know, everything else works. Especially the o Especially that are worth having anyways.

Yeah, not really a concern for me either.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You also won't be able to sync do not disturb between your phone and your watch. With a Samsung phone and a Samsung watch if you put do not disturb/bedtime mode on one it automatically puts it on the other ... if you want to set it that way. Sadly with a non-samsung phone you don't have the option to do that

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
You also won't be able to sync do not disturb between your phone and your watch. With a Samsung phone and a Samsung watch if you put do not disturb/bedtime mode on one it automatically puts it on the other ... if you want to set it that way. Sadly with a non-samsung phone you don't have the option to do that

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

I just put my bedtime mode on a schedule that matches my DND schedule on my Pixel.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the P7P and Galaxy watch 5 pro and it is not totally seamless. Media controls do not seem to work at all, what is playing displays on the watch but the controls are greyed out. Also seems to drop it's connection occasionally.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry! I'm sure the two will work well together. It's all Android OS. :) My Fitbit has worked perfectly with my Samsung and Google phones.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have the P7P and Galaxy watch 5 pro and it is not totally seamless. Media controls do not seem to work at all, what is playing displays on the watch but the controls are greyed out. Also seems to drop it's connection occasionally.

Media controls work fine for me on the watch. I get album art and all. Mine only drops connection if I go out of bluetooth or wifi range. The range is actually impressive, too. I have no issues using my GW 5 with the 7 Pro. DND syncs, as well.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a watch 5 with a s22 ultra I also used it on a Motorola and all of the functions worked great ecg worked great.
I can't see Samsung having their watches not working on any android devices it would hurt sales.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Media controls work fine for me. I get no drops in connection. Very few things don't work, and what don't most people could care less about or would be anywhere near a deal breaker

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

I had some minor issues with the media controls (mainly, it wouldn't show up on recently used apps, which made it difficult to switch back and forth between that and another app). But after restarting the watch, it's been mostly fine since (every now and then, I have to completely clear recently used apps).

Michael Persico

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
ECG and BP do work you just need to Google XDA galaxy watch wear os health monitor modded app. It works without root and it's worked for me flawlessly. The BP is only as accurate as the machine you use to calibrate the watch with. As the time of writing this there is only one watch that I know of that doesn't require external calibration to monitor your blood pressure with and it hasn't met fda approval yet. In the states the Galaxy watch BP feature is disabled via software because the feature hasn't been FDA approved so it won't work even in a galaxy watch if you live in the states but the modded app bypasses this and allows you to use the BP feature in the states. Oh and the ECG is about on par with the apple watch from my experience getting good ECG readings from anything other than dedicated medical equipment isnt easy and to save on costs theyr3e not gonna be using the best modules even the tech apple stole for their watches isn't even a good version of it.