Just went 7 Pro from S22+.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
I have an S22 Ultra from work that I dual sim. So I haven't upgraded a personal device in a while. I might be switching jobs though so I've been debating on just getting a Pixel 7 pro as it's quite a bit cheaper than the S22 Ultra. I have used the s pen a couple timea but think I could do without. I do have some good lock customization but also think I might be ok without them. One of the main things drawing me to the Pixel is the camera and I did love the original Pixel when I had it.

It's good to see that some of you guys have had positive experiences switching from Samsung to Google.

My biggest worries are the modem on the Pixel 7 Pro but it seems it's better than the 6 pro.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Compared to my old Pixel 5, the modem in my new Pixel 7 seems much better.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Well I picked up a 128gb Pixel 7 Pro today in hazel. So far I am really enjoying it. The phone is really smooth. There are some differences from Samsung to get used to but nothing too drastic.

One annoying thing that I can't seem to figure out if there is a fix for it is the quick panel when you swipe down. On Samsung the settings gear shows on the first swipe. On the Pixel you have to swipe down twice to get to settings. Not sure if that is something that can be changed?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Well I picked up a 128gb Pixel 7 Pro today in hazel. So far I am really enjoying it. The phone is really smooth. There are some differences from Samsung to get used to but nothing too drastic.

One annoying thing that I can't seem to figure out if there is a fix for it is the quick panel when you swipe down. On Samsung the settings gear shows on the first swipe. On the Pixel you have to swipe down twice to get to settings. Not sure if that is something that can be changed?

I'm not sure if that can be changed other than using a 3rd party launcher.. I normally put a shortcut on my home page for easy access to settings...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Swipe down with 2 fingers from the middle of screen.

Congrats on the new phone. Still loving my new 7 pro!

Last edited:

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Swipe down with 2 fingers from the middle of screen.

Congrats on the new phone. Still loving my new 7 pro!

Thanks, so far I am loving the phone. It is definitely different from Samsung. But it is super smooth. So far I think I will like it more than the Samsung in the long run.

Still getting used it and settling in, but so far I am very happy with it.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, so far I am loving the phone. It is definitely different from Samsung. But it is super smooth. So far I think I will like it more than the Samsung in the long run.

Still getting used it and settling in, but so far I am very happy with it.

Did using the two finger swipe get you to the settings?

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh right. I'm using Lawnchair 2 launcher. I thought the 2 finger swipe was baked right in to pixel but I guess it is lawnchair feature. Sorry for the confusion.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Perhaps I misunderstood. By swiping down one time with two fingers, the gear icon for settings appears at the bottom of the screen. If using only one finger to swipe down, the gear icon does not appear and a second swipe down is required. That's what I was trying to convey. I don't believe this requires toggling a gesture setting. I think it's baked into the Pixel launcher. My bad if I misunderstood the question.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps I misunderstood. By swiping down one time with two fingers, the gear icon for settings appears at the bottom of the screen. If using only one finger to swipe down, the gear icon does not appear and a second swipe down is required. That's what I was trying to convey. I don't believe this requires toggling a gesture setting. I think it's baked into the Pixel launcher. My bad if I misunderstood the question.

What you said is correct, but I don't see that behavior on my Pixel launcher.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Finally figured out what you are saying. On Pixel launcher two finger swipe from the status bar expands the quick panel and you can see settings ( I wasnt aware of this). Other launchers you can do two finger swipe from the middle of the home screen for the same. Thanks

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Finally figured out what you are saying. On Pixel launcher two finger swipe from the status bar expands the quick panel and you can see settings ( I wasnt aware of this). Other launchers you can do two finger swipe from the middle of the home screen for the same. Thanks

Try putting it in "one-handed mode" and it should work from mid-screen.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Weird, mine works from mid screen and I don't have one handed mode on. I thought it was a pixel feature because I used it before I installed lawnchair.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463