Spigen Tough or Speck Presidio

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anything has these cases or has seen them?

Out of the Spigen Tough vs The Speck Presidio which is the better looking in person. Which is the thinnest it lightest.

Thanks
Eric

bubbad3

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen Rugged Armor and the Speck Presidio. To me they are completely different cases. The Spigen is nice, slim and on the slick side. When using the phone, it has a nice look to it.
The Speck is very grippy with the grooves on the back, a little more bulk to it, and the front lip isn't quite as "refined" as the Spigen.

For me, the Speck is back in the packaging and the Spigen will stay on the phone.

Atriel Hudson

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
My vote is for the speck. I have trouble holding on to phones (small hands) and the extra grip is super helpful. I drove 2 hours today trying to find this case in stores. Nobody seems to have it yet.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
My vote is for the speck. I have trouble holding on to phones (small hands) and the extra grip is super helpful. I drove 2 hours today trying to find this case in stores. Nobody seems to have it yet.

FYI, you'll find the new design not as grippy as the previous Candyshell Grip. The tech 21 was a little grippier, but I need to keep looking

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So Hal1. I'm a tad confused. Just don't use grippy. If I use the way I think you mean, I don't mind a little grippy or a little slippery. LOL. Basically what I want is a case that will look good and have a little bit of protection.

From your comments were you saying you like the Tech21 more or less than the other 2. Funny, I just ordered a McDonald's and a girl in front of me had a Tech21 I think the Tech21 probably looks the best of the 3

I did read that that is the one TPU that will fade or change color however I was quickly told by a rep at Verizon all you have to do is wipe it off very good put it on the top rack dishwasher I believe (scratching bald head)

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Eric, I used the Speck CandyShell Grip because of my small hands. It had rubber ribs that we're great for holding on to it. The new model, the Presidio, the ribs are more molded plastic with the rest of the case, and I found that the tech 21 actually had a little more grip than the spec Presidio. I need something very rubbery for my personal likes

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got it. Thanks so much. To all. I have never used a bumper. As in bumper alone. Not a bumper case.

I am getting the Rhino. They look great and people say they look better in person.

I agree with one person who recommended jt. Most falls will happen on a corner or flat down. It normally, hopefully would need something to hit the middle or the back direct to do more damage. #praying. Your opinion on how the damage could occur? Did I describe it properly the way others have told me

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the Spigen Rugged Armor and the Speck Presidio. To me they are completely different cases. The Spigen is nice, slim and on the slick side. When using the phone, it has a nice look to it.
The Speck is very grippy with the grooves on the back, a little more bulk to it, and the front lip isn't quite as "refined" as the Spigen.

For me, the Speck is back in the packaging and the Spigen will stay on the phone.

I ordered the Rugged Armor for now, it's one of the few TPU cases I've seen that's A) in stock and B) not totally bland. Even the cheapest cases only seem to be available in odd pastel color choices (or plain black)...

I'm waiting for Diztronic to give an ETA on their Androidified TPU case (check their site), used similar ones in red with my previous two phones and was very happy with them. I'm not a fan of hard back cases, seems like that'd do a worse job of absorbing impact and it just adds bulk...

The Spigen Neo looks interesting, I've never used a hybrid two piece like that... But it's only being made for the Pixel XL. :( Caseology's similar Parallax got excellent reviews for other phones, hopefully they make it available in other color choices but black once it's in stock...

Some of the color choices they offer for the iPhone/Samsung look super sharp. I'm just concerned about the way that plastic rim could change the feel of the phone... The best plain jane TPU cases retain the phone's natural feel pretty well.

thompsonmp

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I've got the Spigen tough on my XL and I'm impressed with it. I've had quite a few Spigen cases and they've always served me well.

Looks good in black too

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I also went with the Spigen tough armor on my Pixel. Ever so slightly thicker than what the rugged armor brings but it's two piece and the speaker inserts at the bottom redirect the sound toward you. This was a very nice, very huge positive for me. Definitely gave me the pseudo feeling that the phone is louder now that the sound isnt being directed away from me. And the kickstand is a nice bonus.

Ive had spigen on my last 3 phones. Their cases are top notch.

ReaganDee

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Spigen Rugged Armor, Caseology Vault and DGtle Anti-Scratches TPU Gel blahblahblahblah

I ended up keeping the Spigen Rugged Armor and sending the other 2 back. The Caseology was extreeeeemely similar to the Spigen, but the Spigen has a more snug fit that you notice when you are first putting the case on the phone. The third case was an experiment into a cheap clear case that I did not enjoy.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Speck Presidio Grip. Had the Spigen first, but found it more slippery than I'm comfortable with. Just got the Speck Presidio Grip, and it's just right for "grippy-ness" :). Just my personal opinion of course...I thought that the Spigen was adequate for protection, but I had it slip out of my hand once already. Luckily that was inside my house, and the phone was okay. The way that the Presidio feels, I don't think that will happen.

A side comment, very likely would have been happy with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, have that case on my iPhone 8, but couldn't find it without the stand this time around. The Neo Hybrid came highly recommended on the internet, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty