How to fix an app conflict?

szwanger

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
I have a Pixel XL with Android 10. (System settings says I can't upgrade to 11.)

For almost a year, I've been unable to use certain apps, most notable Chrome and other browsers. Currently all they do is auto-close, but for most of that time, I'd get this box that says:

Chrome keeps stopping
-App info
-Close app
-Send feedback

Similarly, in gmail I can see my list of emails, but when I click on one to read it, Gmail crashes.

Many other apps that I installed now crash (Amazon, Discord, etc). Notable exceptions (i.e. apps that still work) are Facebook and Instagram.

An employee at a local cell phone repair place told me I had an app conflict. However, I have no idea how to diagnose exactly what the problem is, let alone how to fix it. I don't really want to go through every one of my apps to delete it, see if the problem is fixed, and then reinstall if it isn't. I also don't see any way to view the list of apps in reverse chronological order of when they were last updated, which would help me narrow down when/where the problem began.

I have tried restarting the phone in Safe Mode, and still get the crash and/or "keeps stopping" window.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree, factory reset should be your next step, since you can't wipe the cache partition on Pixel phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech