HTC Pixel 5 2016 Rumor

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC Nexus 5 2016 Rumor

That would be awesome, I must say. I'd love to see Nexus partnering up with HTC next time 'round.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

People aren't going to like that battery.

You're telling me. I'm still sitting on the original Nexus 5 and so ready to upgrade. Battery is a huge thing for me so I'm really upset if it's under 3000mAh. I need me an awesome upgraded Nexus this year.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

You're telling me. I'm still sitting on the original Nexus 5 and so ready to upgrade. Battery is a huge thing for me so I'm really upset if it's under 3000mAh. I need me an awesome upgraded Nexus this year.
That was only the Sailfish specs so hopefully the Marlin or whatever it is will be much better.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

People aren't going to like that battery.

Because 3000 mAh is a desired minimum even though rumors have this as a 1080 device.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

Because 3000 mAh is a desired minimum even though rumors have this as a 1080 device.

Yeah I've known that for awhile lurking Android Central. Why I said it.

I can't wait to see what these phones are going to look like and what the specs of the Marlin are.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I hope so. But than I wonder how much it's going to sell for.

Wouldn't surprise me to see prices start similarly to the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P prices.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Assuming the battery size and the screen size/resolution are accurate, I don't think it will be a huge problem. Disappointing for some, sure, but it's not like it's a 5.5" QHD screen (*cough*Moto Z*cough*). Not a dealbreaker. Yet.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Hard to keep track of all that's going on 'round here :) Just spotted this thread/info as a result of stumbling across the "Marlin" leak.

I haven't found anything current that does it for me. This one may be it. Size is perfect for my needs. The battery, with that display, should be ample. (I don't generally have a lot of SOT, anyway.) Heck: Even the 32GB is probably enough for me. I mainly need storage because of offline navigation maps. (Tho a µSD card slot would be a very welcome feature.) Not excited about the USB-C thing, but I guess that's the future.

Only thing I could hope for would be a degree of splash resistance. The Nano-Coating employed in Moto devices would be terrific.

What time of the year do Nexus devices usually come to market?

lcal

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
So excited to see that HTC made both the Pixel & Pixel XL for Google this time. Hope it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship :)