Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Waiting impatiently for the XL w/ 128gb in silver to pop back up so I can preorder it. I'm constantly checking the Google store. I really hope I will love it as much as I loved my Note 7. Currently using an S7 Active, which will become my husband's when I get the Pixel.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Waiting impatiently for the XL w/ 128gb in silver to pop back up so I can preorder it. I'm constantly checking the Google store. I really hope I will love it as much as I loved my Note 7. Currently using an S7 Active, which will become my husband's when I get the Pixel.

Me too, I preordered hoping that this will let me walk away from the Note in peace. The PixelXL is the only phone that has a chance of quenching a note7 users thirst imo. This AI better be good!

I ordered through Fi Store, supposed to ship on the 21st.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Wait time is really a supply/demand issue. I ordered on launch day with a six week delivery estimate. I got on the wait list a couple days later. So I've been on about a week without any notifications.

Kaiken

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Wait time is really a supply/demand issue. I ordered on launch day with a six week delivery estimate. I got on the wait list a couple days later. So I've been on about a week without any notifications.

Really hoping I don't have to wait until next year for this. Dire need for a new phone and may have to pull the plug and grab something else.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought I posted a reply to this earlier, but I caved and ordered the 32 gb XL in silver. I've been thinking about switching to Project Fi, and noticed that the XL silver was available this morning, but only in the 32 gb. I haven't ever gone over 32 gb w/ my storage, whether I've got an SD card or not, so hopefully that will continue to not be a problem. The 128 was more for my own peace of mind. I typically have about 70-80 apps, but don't take a ton of photos (and upload them to Dropbox anyway, and now they'll also be backed up to Photos), and stream my music rather than have it on the phone.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
When the heck is the review embargo going to end? This thing officially goes on sale in a week, surely tech sites must be able to publish reviews by tomorrow no?

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site
When the heck is the review embargo going to end? This thing officially goes on sale in a week, surely tech sites must be able to publish reviews by tomorrow no?

I think last year the embargo was lifted the day the phones shipped. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Wed of next week. Or even Thur morning.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Have been on the waitlist for the XL in black in both 32GB and 128GB versions, and occasionally refresh the Play Store page just 'in case.' Got lucky and snagged a 32GB Black XL at 2:17pm today (estimated date Nov 23-25), but hadn't received (and still haven't) any notifications from Google that it had come available (though they were gone again when I checked back at 2:20pm.

No info as to whether my preorder was placed in time to be able to pick up the Daydream VR "while supplies last," though I'm hopeful as the storefront still has that banner offering it.

For anyone reading this thread who hasn't picked one up yet and still wants to... Keep the page open in your browser and just periodically refresh when you think of it, as most likely if you DO get an email notification someone else will pick up what's there (unless there's a large number that hopefully come back into stock) before you can get to the page and complete your transaction.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch