Stock messenger

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 pixel XL's. . As far as I can see all of the settings are the same.

From phone A, I can send a picture through text messaging to phone B. . Works fine.

But phone B, will not send a picture to phone A through text message.

Any ideas?

Also I much preferred the stock LG messenger to the Google one. . Any ideas an where I could pick that up? . Didn't see it on the app store, thinking about trying to side load it from my old phone

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Try swapping SIMs and see if the ability/inability to send switches with them. If so, it's an issue with the service permissions on one of the SIMs; otherwise, it's a phone issue.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have used Textra on a few Android phones including my Pixel and I like it. Easy to customize the notifications, re ringtones, etc.

nobread

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I prefer to use hello. It's the only messenger app I've found with tabs
Edit:
Looks like support died last year. Probably why it isn't working. Can any of these other apps be configured to have tabs?

Last edited:

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Got the mms text issue resolved, had to reset APN's.

Originally out of the box with stock APN's, the pixel did not see LTE. . So the T-mo guy tweaked the APN's and LTE showed up.

But realized later, no mms.

We had tweaked the APN before the update. Looking back, I assume the update solved that LTE issue and had we just waited until after the update, the stock APN's were fine.

So, reset APN's and mms works, but still do not like google messaging, I will need to look at some others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87