Google Pixel Builds

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
What is the current Build on your Pixel?

Did you purchase from Google, Verizon, or Best Buy?

If purchased from Best Buy, are you using a carrier other than Verizon?

I am on NDE63N. Purchased from Best Buy using Sprint.

There are a couple different Builds floating around and I'd like to see what everyone is on.

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Bought from Google store, build NDE63L.
Using on T-Mobile.

0f292b5f87b60565cc04e7028b7fc72d.jpg

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What is the current Build on your Pixel?

Did you purchase from Google, Verizon, or Best Buy?

If purchased from Best Buy, are you using a carrier other than Verizon?

There are a couple different Builds floating around and I'd like to see what everyone is on.

Best Buy. Using on T-Mobile. Build is NDE63N.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Bought from Best Buy, running on T-mo.

I got the update to 63N as soon as I fired it up.

This is the latest build for non Verizon pixels.

See the conversation I Had with a google support person

Attachments

• 3553.jpg
    3553.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 200

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got off with Google Support and the rep I spoke with stated that the letter at the end of the build signifies where the phone came from
L = Google
P = Verizon/Best Buy

He also stated that they are all the same build, NDE63. The rep I spoke to had me on hold for about 10 min. while he verified with his support team. He also stated to me that even though I purchased the phone from Best Buy and am using T-Mobile, that there should be no issue getting OTA updates.

At this point I'm not concerned about what build number I'm on, the phone has been working great on T-Mobile. I haven't had any connectivity issues, I can still use WiFi calling, so I'm content for now.

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Just got off with Google Support and the rep I spoke with stated that the letter at the end of the build signifies where the phone came from
L = Google
P = Verizon/Best Buy

He also stated that they are all the same build, NDE63. The rep I spoke to had me on hold for about 10 min. while he verified with his support team. He also stated to me that even though I purchased the phone from Best Buy and am using T-Mobile, that there should be no issue getting OTA updates.

At this point I'm not concerned about what build number I'm on, the phone has been working great on T-Mobile. I haven't had any connectivity issues, I can still use WiFi calling, so I'm content for now.

Then what is the Build with 63N? Just an earlier Verizon build? I saw you mentioned in another thread that if you insert the Verizon SIM in the Best Buy phone, it will update to 63P. I tried this but nothing happened. Just asked me to activate the phone, which I did not do.

NexusShark

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
L = Google
P = Verizon/Best Buy

I preordered the phone day one from the Google store and received it in the first wave. I'm using my Verizon sim in it and my build is 63P. Maybe the network affects build more so than place of purchase.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought mine from Google Store, using Verizon sim. I put in the sim and activated on Friday evening. Sunday morning, I recevied an OTA. I'm currently on 63P

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Then what is the Build with 63N? Just an earlier Verizon build? I saw you mentioned in another thread that if you insert the Verizon SIM in the Best Buy phone, it will update to 63P. I tried this but nothing happened. Just asked me to activate the phone, which I did not do.

I went into the Software update screen and it was downloading there. There was no notification for it.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I posted a build question on the Google Pixel Community forums about the builds and it seems like the Pixels that were provided to Verizon were sent to them a week earlier so they could fulfill back orders, I guess that explains why they got their phones before the Google store orders started.

Either way, check out the response here
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/phone-by-google/QzBaLcbbgzg/_YOmkjQuCAAJ

So this shows that 63N was not the initial Build for Verizon phones. 63H was. I cant imagine how 63N is a newer version than 63P, so are we just stuck with this version? I am pretty concerned about this since 63N is not mentioned anywhere and if you do need to insert a Verizon SIM to update to 63P, that may be the case for all updates.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So this shows that 63N was not the initial Build for Verizon phones. 63H was. I cant imagine how 63N is a newer version than 63P, so are we just stuck with this version? I am pretty concerned about this since 63N is not mentioned anywhere and if you do need to insert a Verizon SIM to update to 63P, that may be the case for all updates.

63N was the version that was out of box with the Pixel XL from Best Buy. After the Verizon OTA, the build was 63P

NokFromApp

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I just consolidated all responses thus far
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 12.05.29 AM.png
From what I am seeing, all phones on Verizon network got P (irrespective of where they were bought)
All phones bought from the Google Store and not on on Verizon are still on L
All phones bought from Best Buy and not on Verizon are on N

So, looks like Verizon has pushed P on its network (from L or N) . All phones not on the Verizon network are on their original builds; L for those bought from GS and N for those bought on BB