Thanks, Verizon

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Holding out hope. My Google Pixel XL is to ship on Friday. No undated info from Verizon. Order status - processing.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay so Best Buy let me know today (the day I was to have received my phone) that my order has been canceled. They cited an "issue that couldn't be resolved" and wouldn't give me any more information. I asked if I went to a store and the "issue" could be resolved if I could get the Black Friday and BB CS said I could ask. So, I guess I'm screwed and screw Best Buy. I was "ok" with waiting, but stringing me along all this time only to just have it all canceled oh wow not a happy camper. This sucks.

I guess it's back to the drawing board ... if I had known there would be an issue I would have just gone through VZW directly. Bleh ...

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay so Best Buy let me know today (the day I was to have received my phone) that my order has been canceled. They cited an "issue that couldn't be resolved" and wouldn't give me any more information. I asked if I went to a store and the "issue" could be resolved if I could get the Black Friday and BB CS said I could ask. So, I guess I'm screwed and screw Best Buy. I was "ok" with waiting, but stringing me along all this time only to just have it all canceled oh wow not a happy camper. This sucks.

I guess it's back to the drawing board ... if I had known there would be an issue I would have just gone through VZW directly. Bleh ...

I'd like to provide words of encouragement, wisdom and/or support, but to be frank, I don't have much in the way of any of that other to say I feel your pain. I would highly recommend you contact Verizon and let them know unequivocally how much you appreciate the situation in which you've been pushed. It's not their fault -- per se -- but they should also keep in mind that by allowing their customers to be treated this way encourages their customers to find alternatives. I think you'll be pleased when and if you contact them and share your frustration. Just my $0.02.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't sure whether I was going to bother posting, but after getting assurances from Verizon indicating my Pixel XL 128GB was shipping on 12/2, I got a lil' email saying "Sorry, you're going to have to wait for another few weeks (specifically until 1/13)."

So angry. Not sure if I should a) dump the order; b) dump Verizon and find a new provider; c) have Verizon credit me the monies I've already laid out for cases and chargers and the other crap I've bought in anticipation for the phone's (now questionable) arrival, or d) have them credit me the various data overage fees I've had as a result of the cluster this whole process has been.

Yes, I know it's Google's fault for intentionally or otherwise holding handsets back. But the shipment email came from Verizon and never once did they say "No way it's not going to ship, you'll have it by 12/4 or 12/5."

What a show.

Really , if that wasn't made clear beforehand.

Make them give u a bill credit to stay but order the phone through Google that way u can leave whenever u get the urge to port the # out.

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Make them give u a bill credit to stay but order the phone through Google that way u can leave whenever u get the urge to port the # out.

That's definitely a consideration but at this point I'm not sure whether I'm going to drop $800 or so on this phone until I have a relatively clear picture whether Verizon is worth the bother. They're definitely a good network but if they can't manage to get this resolved within another few weeks, I'm not sure I want to commit any monies at all to them beyond going back to my old, trust Note 4 and looking at other options. And before I commit that $800 or so via Google I am going to see the big picture. But definitely worth the consideration.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
That's definitely a consideration but at this point I'm not sure whether I'm going to drop $800 or so on this phone until I have a relatively clear picture whether Verizon is worth the bother. They're definitely a good network but if they can't manage to get this resolved within another few weeks, I'm not sure I want to commit any monies at all to them beyond going back to my old, trust Note 4 and looking at other options. And before I commit that $800 or so via Google I am going to see the big picture. But definitely worth the consideration.

I had 2 Verizon bought Pixels on the Fi network. All was going well until I missed a couple of text messages from my grandchildren. The Project Fi people had me try a few things, but couldn't get to the root of the problem fast enough for me. I ported my main number back to Verizon and added a line for the 2nd phone. I had been with Verizon for over 10 years and never had a problem with their service.

I think Verizon has the best cell phone service
I think the Project Fi people are the best to deal with
I am willing to pay the extra $$s to be on what I consider the best network
Missing texts from G-Kids is not a going to happen in my world - G-Kids rock - :D

My experiences are put into my posts - others mileage may vary.

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had 2 Verizon bought Pixels on the Fi network. All was going well until I missed a couple of text messages from my grandchildren. The Project Fi people had me try a few things, but couldn't get to the root of the problem fast enough for me. I ported my main number back to Verizon and added a line for the 2nd phone. I had been with Verizon for over 10 years and never had a problem with their service.

I think Verizon has the best cell phone service
I think the Project Fi people are the best to deal with
I am willing to pay the extra $$s to be on what I consider the best network
Missing texts from G-Kids is not a going to happen in my world - G-Kids rock - :D

My experiences are put into my posts - others mileage may vary.

I agree VZW's network is the best (for me). Everyone has their own area and opinion but my experience confirms VZW is the best service-wise.

Having said all that, if they continue dropping the ball there are other aspects of phone use that will play a part in this. Plus I'm in NYC so 99% of the time my service will be bulletproof whether I'm sporting a red check or a blue globe on the back of whatever phone I'm using.

Either way, I'd much prefer to stay with Verizon, but if they do manage to botch this transaction and don't make good on resolving the problem (either by producing a Pixel XL 125GB or a chunky credit and another phone of reasonable value) switching is definitely going to be a consideration. Not very likely -- but they did great getting me the Note 7 when they said I'd get it so I'm hoping they'll come through on the next ship date for the XL.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
FWIW - I got both phones from the local non-corp Verizon store, they have always treated me OK. Calling VZW customer service is like dealing with my ex-wife - something done only as a last resort.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest talking to the local store. If you have talked to them and gotten nowhere then you know what it is like to deal with my ex-wife - :eek:

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
FWIW - I got both phones from the local non-corp Verizon store, they have always treated me OK. Calling VZW customer service is like dealing with my ex-wife - something done only as a last resort.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest talking to the local store. If you have talked to them and gotten nowhere then you know what it is like to deal with my ex-wife - :eek:

I'd happily deal with a local non-corporate VZW store but I'm using a 7Edge on Verizon's loan, eg this was my third phone after two Note 7 misfires (not literally...nether exploded). After I received my second Note 7 and they told me I would need to swap it out I went and got the 7Edge but was pretty disappointed so I called them and asked them what to do and they suggested the Pixel, so I agreed and placed an order. They agreed to let me use the Edge until the Pixel arrived and agreed to waive the non-return and would refund the purchase price of the Edge once they received it back, given the circumstances. Really lovely of them, of course...except the fact that it might be sometime in 2018 before they receive the Edge ;-)

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Take a deep breath - a warm shot of Blackberry brandy - the cell phone Gods are giving you a chance to practice patience - based on my experience I'll be with VZW until death do us part.

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Take a deep breath - a warm shot of Blackberry brandy - the cell phone Gods are giving you a chance to practice patience - based on my experience I'll be with VZW until death do us part.

Not the end of the world -- we're talking about phones, not life or death. Just irritated considering the fact I went out and got all kinds of accessories (cases, c-chargers, etc.) for this device and now it is possible it won't even show -- ever. O well. 'Tis what 'tis :)

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email indicating my Pixel shipped. WTF?!?!?!

That's just a wee bit awesome.

Anyone else gotten an email?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024