Scratch on google pixel Chamfer or normal?

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
When I place my phone under a certain angle under direct light I can see like lines on the edge of the chamfer I'm not sure if they are like chips or normal where the chamfer has been made. Is any of you guys have this if you do is it normal?

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
this is what the little marks look like I think its normal and just how the phone has been made just need someone to confirm this for me, thanks!

if someone could look at theirs on this angle of light and let me know if its the same I would really appreciate it, thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 01.22.52.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 00.58.29.png

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I am holding my phone in the exact same manner as you are holding your phone and I do not see any such marks on mine. Mine is very smooth

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
When I place my phone under a certain angle under direct light I can see like lines on the edge of the chamfer I'm not sure if they are like chips or normal where the chamfer has been made. Is any of you guys have this if you do is it normal?

It definitely doesn't look right. I don't have this on mine either and I'm moving it in all positions (I have blue version). When I had checked out the display model in Best Buy (silver version) about 3 weeks ago I looked all around the phone and don't recall spotting this either. I'm very particular about scratches and dents so I check out display models before buying as they are more subject to some signs of wear given all the handling.

If you just got the phone and it has these marks, it might be a manufacturing defect. Did you notice this when you first got the phone?
If you've been using it without a case there's no way to determine if somewhere along the way it got scratched from being in your pocket or elsewhere. Also it's important to note some poorly constructed cases can have plastic inside that sticks out and can scratch a phone.

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Just has a look at one in my local carphone warehouse store and its exactly the same, could that mean its normal? has anyone else noticed this on their google pixel? thanks

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Just watched a video DetroitBorg made about the google pixel and it appears to kind of look the same as mine around the chamfered adges, what do you guys think? heres a pic

Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 00.54.40.png

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
took my phone back to the store today, refused me a exchange for a new one as they said this looks normal, if you have a google pixel could you please post a picture of what the chamfered edge looks like under the same light and angle I took mine at, I would really appreciate this as if its not normal I will make sure I will get a exchange.

Thanks!

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
took my phone back to the store today, refused me a exchange for a new one as they said this looks normal, if you have a google pixel could you please post a picture of what the chamfered edge looks like under the same light and angle I took mine at, I would really appreciate this as if its not normal I will make sure I will get a exchange.

Thanks!

Just compare in the store side by side
You may be overreacting here

CrazyCrayon

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Just compare in the store side by side
You may be overreacting here

Thanks you for your reply :) I did yesterday, it was the same as the one in store yet people with blue google pixels have been telling me theirs don't have this but im wondering if this is because its been made differently with the anodisation?

May 3, 2015
Visit site
no but for the price i paid for the phone I expect it to not be there thats if it isnt normal, do you have a google pixel? :) thanks for your reply also

I understand that. But it's aluminium. It's going to be scratched day one. Unless all you do is stare at the body...I wouldn't be worried... Especially since you can only see it when really trying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87