Pixel returned

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Pixel yesterday at Best Buy. A few things made me return it. My finger print was slow compared to my Moto Z Play. I felt like I had to push the non existence button to wake it up. It kept freezing, and would take about 5 minutes to boot back up. I did like the size of the normal Pixel and pictures were great. I'm kinda sad that I had to return it, but the battery life and software left a bit to be desired. I'm back to my Moto Z Play. I wish the Z play had a better camera, that would make it perfect.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow, there's so much here in contrast to the normal experience with the device that I'm inclined to believe your device had something wrong with it. The Z Play is a monster on battery life, glad you have something that works for you. The Z Force camera is quite a bit better and also has really good battery life, but obviously not the same as the Z Play.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Anytime anyone posts that they returned their Pixel, as if complete strangers on the internet care, they are searching for acceptance that they did the right thing. :-\ Enjoy your Moto Z.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Mine freezes and it isn't due to an app issue. While sometimes that might be the case it's not always the case and Google knows about this and is working on a fix. All issues are not necessarily app related. I'm on my third pixel with these issues to prove that fact

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Anytime anyone posts that they returned their Pixel, as if complete strangers on the internet care, they are searching for acceptance that they did the right thing. :-\ Enjoy your Moto Z.

I'm not searching for anything. Just letting people know that the phone isn't perfect. I feel mine might have been a defective product, but my Best Buy didn't have any other Pixels in stock so I couldn't try another one.

rdickert

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Here's the corollary:

Anytime anyone posts that they are happy with their Pixel, as if complete strangers on the internet care, they are searching for acceptance that they did the right thing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Here's the corollary:

Anytime anyone posts that they are happy with their Pixel, as if complete strangers on the internet care, they are searching for acceptance that they did the right thing.
No phone is perfect .. but does it work for me? Yes. Does it work for all? No. I am accepting of that :).

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Any time anyone posts what is happening all the time, in terms of the motivations of all persons exhibiting any behavior or opinion, the probability of that person being even remotely close to an accurate assessment of even a majority of actual motivation trends will scale near zero.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You probably just got a lemon. I would've just traded it in for another one. The fingerprint sensor is super fast and accurate. I thought the 6P's was fast. This is even faster. It has never froze on me....yet. Too bad you gave up on it. Enjoy your new Moto Z.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not searching for anything. Just letting people know that the phone isn't perfect. I feel mine might have been a defective product, but my Best Buy didn't have any other Pixels in stock so I couldn't try another one.

I know the phone isn't perfect, and I would hope that anyone buying one would also know that. What phone is perfect? If someone finds one that is perfect for them, then great. But to someone else, that won't be the case.

Either way, enjoy the Moto Z!

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Any time anyone posts what is happening all the time, in terms of the motivations of all persons exhibiting any behavior or opinion, the probability of that person being even remotely close to an accurate assessment of even a majority of actual motivation trends will scale near zero.

Call me the zero scaler! Go to ANY phone thread and look at how many people feel inclined to let everyone know they are getting rid of their phone for X, Y and Z. I have to be right in my assessment at least a small percentage of time. The threads where someone says they are having issues is different because others can chime in and actually help.

So allow me to show my flexibility and willingness to change;

It could appear that when someone posts that they returned their Pixel, as if complete strangers on the internet care, they are searching for acceptance that they did the right thing. Enjoy your Moto Z.:D

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Mine freezes and it isn't due to an app issue. While sometimes that might be the case it's not always the case and Google knows about this and is working on a fix. All issues are not necessarily app related. I'm on my third pixel with these issues to prove that fact

I will say you have an amazing amount of patience. I have not seen you post many things positive about your Pixel experience but you still hang in there!

kalinakara

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
You probably just got a lemon. I would've just traded it in for another one. The fingerprint sensor is super fast and accurate. I thought the 6P's was fast. This is even faster. It has never froze on me....yet. Too bad you gave up on it. Enjoy your new Moto Z.

Exactly, should have tried another. The finger print sensor issues alone tell me that something was off as the Pixel is by far the most accurate and fast one I've used so far. The phone is phenomenal!

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Exactly, should have tried another. The finger print sensor issues alone tell me that something was off as the Pixel is by far the most accurate and fast one I've used so far. The phone is phenomenal!

The fingerprint scanner is so fast I've had it unlock by accidentally touching it when picking it up.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I will say you have an amazing amount of patience. I have not seen you post many things positive about your Pixel experience but you still hang in there!

I wonder the same thing! Why haven't you switched to a different? Admirable commitment I gotta say!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I don't think anything has been proven here. I'll bet that if you took any of those three Pixels and ran it fresh out of the box with no additional apps installed and no copying from another phone during initial setup, it would have ran just fine with no crashes, no hangs, and great battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer