Ok Google fix?

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys!
There's a new Google App update and I think the "Ok, Google" from lock screen is fix. Can anyone of you guys here confirm this please. Thanks!

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Works for me. if you swipe to the right from the desktop and touch the sandwich menu (three bars in the top left), then select Settings, Then Settings again, then finally "OK Google" Detection, you should make sure Say "OK Google" Any Time is on in order to have this function. Sorry if you already knew that.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else missing the little sound that comes from the phone when you say OK Google? It just opens but doesn't make the little ding sound.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine no longer makes the sound since the updated

Did some digging and found this solution in another thread in the forums. Apparently the latest Google app update broke this so to fix it do the following: On your phone go to Settings --> Accessibility --> Switch Access and turn it on. You don't have to keep going through the steps when you enable it, just hit exit on the bottom left. Now try saying Ok Google and the little beep noise comes up again. No idea why but this makes it work!

See related thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-6p/662953-why-do-i-hear-no-sound-when-i-call-ok-google-7.html

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I was still having issue with Google Assistant not opening from locked screen intermittently after with all the settings mentioned. However, I may have found a fix by not optimzing Google App and so far its been consistent. I will follow up if somehow stops responding again.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I had problem with ok google detection on my 6p. it got better with 7.1 but it was still an issue sometime
I never bothered with it for a while but now it looks like its working better.
I was able to get it to work most of the time. It didnt work for me just one time so far.

I know it works for most people and this issue is rare

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue with mine as well. I can't get trusted voice to stay on so that I don't have to manually unlock my phone when adding the ok google command from my lock screen.

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Did some digging and found this solution in another thread in the forums. Apparently the latest Google app update broke this so to fix it do the following: On your phone go to Settings --> Accessibility --> Switch Access and turn it on. You don't have to keep going through the steps when you enable it, just hit exit on the bottom left. Now try saying Ok Google and the little beep noise comes up again. No idea why but this makes it work!

See related thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-6p/662953-why-do-i-hear-no-sound-when-i-call-ok-google-7.html
I did that before and it worked, but after this most recent update it doesn't work any more :(

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I was still having issue with Google Assistant not opening from locked screen intermittently after with all the settings mentioned. However, I may have found a fix by not optimzing Google App and so far its been consistent. I will follow up if somehow stops responding again.

Just following up on this issue. Optimizing Google App didn't work. However, I am trying reset app preferences under battery optimization and see if that works and rebooted my phone. Then go from there and see if Ok Google willl consistently work from here.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Just following up on this issue. Optimizing Google App didn't work. However, I am trying reset app preferences under battery optimization and see if that works and rebooted my phone. Then go from there and see if Ok Google willl consistently work from here.

I can safely say my Ok Google issue from the locked screen had been fixed. I just reset the app preferences and rebooted my phone and had been solid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87