Very Silver Pixel XL 128GB in stock at Verizon!

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow consider yourself lucky.

I do consider myself lucky. I'm hoping it won't take too long to get it setup tonight. I am still debating on if I want to transfer all my text messages over to the new phone or not (I am a text message hoarder). I might transfer them to my computer and then start fresh on the pixel.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I do consider myself lucky. I'm hoping it won't take too long to get it setup tonight. I am still debating on if I want to transfer all my text messages over to the new phone or not (I am a text message hoarder). I might transfer them to my computer and then start fresh on the pixel.
What phone are you coming from? I would say start fresh if you can but the pixel will handle anything you throw at it so the texts you transfer will be just fine! It comes with a nifty transfer tool

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from a Galaxy S7 Edge
Oh sweet, I did as well. I had a hard time deciding which phone I liked better. Both have their pros and cons and I always think of going back the s7 edge but the user experience on the pixel is like no other Android device.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh sweet, I did as well. I had a hard time deciding which phone I liked better. Both have their pros and cons and I always think of going back the s7 edge but the user experience on the pixel is like no other Android device.

I am looking forward to the user experience on the Pixel. Of course I got stuck at work late now and probably won't get home for another 2 hours or so at least now.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Awesome! It really is an impressive phone... Any questions or comments feel free to ask ??????

Thanks. I am sure I will have many questions as I keep playing around with it. I am still getting used to the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone and the on screen buttons and the fact that they are reversed from where samsung had them.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I am sure I will have many questions as I keep playing around with it. I am still getting used to the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone and the on screen buttons and the fact that they are reversed from where samsung had them.
My first thought of the FP sensor on the back was UGHHH. Now it is second nature and I actually don't mind it at all. I have trusted places set up so when u am at home or work I don't need the FP to bypass the lockscreen. Nice little feature. I absolutely love the ambient display and the double tap to wake.

For some odd reason I didn't have any issues with the on screen buttons being reversed, maybe a couple of times I hit the reverse button but I adapted to it just fine. When you think about it a back button should be on the left. Samsung did the opposite or whatever odd reason.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I was using Nova Launcher Pro on my S7 Edge and liked it a lot. I am going to give the Pixel Launcher a try for a while. I am not sure how I feel about the round icons. I am also not sure how I feel about the stock messages app. I was using textra and might go back to that as well. My thing is I don't want to use all the same things as before because then it won't really look like I am using a new phone in terms of layout and software goes so I wanted to change it up a little bit but I am also a creature of habit with a lot of things so might gravitate back to what is comfortable.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So I was using Nova Launcher Pro on my S7 Edge and liked it a lot. I am going to give the Pixel Launcher a try for a while. I am not sure how I feel about the round icons. I am also not sure how I feel about the stock messages app. I was using textra and might go back to that as well. My thing is I don't want to use all the same things as before because then it won't really look like I am using a new phone in terms of layout and software goes so I wanted to change it up a little bit but I am also a creature of habit with a lot of things so might gravitate back to what is comfortable.
I use what works best for me. I personally love the pixel launcher, the Google now swipe to the left is useful and I actually like the rounded icons. I actually had Nova prime on my s7e and used all the pixel launcher enhancements on Nova lol

I have a gear s2 and find that Textra works best with notifications to my watch. I also think it's the best third party messaging app. It is very smooth and snappy.

I feel like using the stock experience that the pixel gives is the best way to use the phone. It's just so buttery smooth, I have yet to have a stutter or hiccup like I always had on the s7e.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I use what works best for me. I personally love the pixel launcher, the Google now swipe to the left is useful and I actually like the rounded icons. I actually had Nova prime on my s7e and used all the pixel launcher enhancements on Nova lol

I have a gear s2 and find that Textra works best with notifications to my watch. I also think it's the best third party messaging app. It is very smooth and snappy.

I feel like using the stock experience that the pixel gives is the best way to use the phone. It's just so buttery smooth, I have yet to have a stutter or hiccup like I always had on the s7e.

I agree. So I might switch to textra as I have a gear s2 as well and am not getting my text notifications like I did with textra from the stock messenger app and I like the dark theme I had with textra as well.

This phone is so buttery smooth though. I have a pandora link in my car and it opens up right away unlike the S7 Edge that took it a little while and would also from time to time not open properly and I would have to open pandora manually on my phone then cycle through the sources on the car for it to link properly. Now I have only used it once with the Pixel so time will tell if connects correctly every time but from the one time it did connect it was much faster than the samsung app.

The user experience with this phone is so much better than my S7 Edge was. I am probably going to find myself missing the quick launch apps on the edge display for my calendar and calculator but I will adapt to that pretty quickly I'm sure.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree. So I might switch to textra as I have a gear s2 as well and am not getting my text notifications like I did with textra from the stock messenger app and I like the dark theme I had with textra as well.

This phone is so buttery smooth though. I have a pandora link in my car and it opens up right away unlike the S7 Edge that took it a little while and would also from time to time not open properly and I would have to open pandora manually on my phone then cycle through the sources on the car for it to link properly. Now I have only used it once with the Pixel so time will tell if connects correctly every time but from the one time it did connect it was much faster than the samsung app.

The user experience with this phone is so much better than my S7 Edge was. I am probably going to find myself missing the quick launch apps on the edge display for my calendar and calculator but I will adapt to that pretty quickly I'm sure.
There is an awesome app called Tiles. It give you the sound setting to show up on the quick settings when you pull down the status bar. I used that sound icon religiously on the s7. It also has a calculator shortcut! See screenshot.

da6ee455290c6e112d651e6764b96c0a.jpg

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So another thing I noticed today that I could do on Samsung but doesn't seem possible on the pixel is adjust my ringtone and notification volume separately