Security update stuck at April.

YingTK

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

My wife's pixel is still stuck in the April update and hard reset didn't help.

I did a google support chat for her just now and google is claiming this is a known issue and they "are working on fixing it".

I am a little skeptical as I don't think I've read news about some pixels having trouble updating, and I think the response I received sounded like can messages. Also, my pixel had no problem updating the day or the day after each update is rolled out.

I'm wondering if anyone is having same issue, or if anyone knows the fix for it? Being lagged behind the security update for 2 months doesn't really feel good, especially when it is a pixel. Also, the fact that I checked her phone for update status is that her phone was one of those that freeze frequently. I initially thought it was her facebook app acting up, but later on read about what June update is supposed to do.

Thanks.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting on the June update. If it fails to arrive, I'll just sideload it. In the case of your wife's Pixel, you'll want the April update. Installing that update may break the logjam and send the May update, etc. If not, you can sideload each one. OTA downloads are available here. Instructions for sideloading can be found here, although it says for Nexus, it also applies to Pixel phones.

vjfratiani

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So my wife and I switched a month of so ago from Verizon to Project Fi with our unlocked Pixels purchased directly from Google. Neither one of us received the June update. She's stuck on the May update we got from Verizon. I sideloaded June.

However, now with the Fi variant of the June build, my Pixel has developed an issue where the headphone jack will intermittently stop playing audio.

I'm guessing the June update was being suppressed because of bugs. Now the July update is not coming down OTA for groups of the 5-inch Pixel devices. Google is aware, so we'll see what is next.

YingTK

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm still waiting on the June update. If it fails to arrive, I'll just sideload it. In the case of your wife's Pixel, you'll want the April update. Installing that update may break the logjam and send the May update, etc. If not, you can sideload each one. OTA downloads are available here. Instructions for sideloading can be found here, although it says for Nexus, it also applies to Pixel phones.

Thanks for the information on sideloading. I was eventually able to fix the issue with my wife's pixel by placing in Verizon sim card. Her phone updated soon after. What I couldn't figure out is I never had to do so for my phone (AT&T mvno), and her phone was automatically updating without needing Verizon sim until a few months ago...

So my wife and I switched a month of so ago from Verizon to Project Fi with our unlocked Pixels purchased directly from Google. Neither one of us received the June update. She's stuck on the May update we got from Verizon. I sideloaded June.

However, now with the Fi variant of the June build, my Pixel has developed an issue where the headphone jack will intermittently stop playing audio.

I'm guessing the June update was being suppressed because of bugs. Now the July update is not coming down OTA for groups of the 5-inch Pixel devices. Google is aware, so we'll see what is next.

Hi,

You might want to try my approach by inserting Verizon sim again. It might help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana