My wife was on Facebook when the phone froze, I held the power and volume down to force a reboot, the phone turned off and never came back on.
    Just bought the phone less than a month ago from Verizon.
    I did all the tricks and nothing could wake it up.
    I called Verizon and after all of their tests they agreed to replace the phone with a refurbished model.
    So now I have a used phone for the same high price of a new phone. I told Verizon in many different ways what I thought of their customer service but they wouldn't give me a new xl.
    08-15-2017 02:53 PM
    My wife was on Facebook when the phone froze, I held the power and volume down to force a reboot, the phone turned off and never came back on.
    Just bought the phone less than a month ago from Verizon.
    I did all the tricks and nothing could wake it up.
    I called Verizon and after all of their tests they agreed to replace the phone with a refurbished model.
    So now I have a used phone for the same high price of a new phone. I told Verizon in many different ways what I thought of their customer service but they wouldn't give me a new xl.
    It's been this way for a long time. My refurbished XL has actually been great. Not a single issue.
    08-15-2017 08:05 PM
    I just had to twist a refurbished myself.. Looks like new cells like new. Well have to let it run its course and hopefully no battery issues or other. In my experiences refurbished or cln (certified like new) the only problem is selling it used because it's imei and s/n is different than what was in original box
    08-15-2017 09:37 PM
    Its been this way since before 2012, and it's not just Verizon that does it. Ever read the customer agreement for their network?

It sucks, but if they didn't use refurbished units there would literally be a ton of like new phones going to the landfill. They also wouldn't be able to offer a return policy because every return/exchange would cost them hundreds.

Many of the phones used for warranty replacements came from return/exchange. They often have less than 2 weeks usage on them, are in new condition, and have the same warranty.

I worked for Verizon, trust me I know your frustration from both sides of the situation, but it is what it is. Even most manufacturers, if you do a warranty direct from them, you don't get a brand new phone. They repair yours or send a refurbished. I've even seen some of the insurance companies use refurbished units.
    08-15-2017 10:38 PM