12-04-2017 07:12 PM
82 1234
tools
    Hi, curious to know, did you the receive the missing texts or just texts from when you did factory reset?
    09-15-2017 03:31 PM
    I wouldn't know for sure because I haven't done the factory reset. My understanding from folks above is that they didn't. some people I think reported that when they pulled from Verizon cloud the messages were actually there and thus they had them... they even got to see messages that they didn't see previous to FR because they thought the messages were actually in their phone (just not presented to them by the Android messages app) and then save to Verizon cloud when they did a backup and it wasn't until they did the factory reset and restored from Verizon cloud that they got to see those messages. Again though at least one person in this thread reported that the problem came back after the factory reset.

I was just offered an Android 8.0 security patch update by my phone, which I did... just letting folks know that that didn't fix the problem, I didn't expect it to really but I had a faint amount of Hope.

BTW, found a Reddit post where many are having the issue...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...m=comment_list
    09-15-2017 08:08 PM
    Same issue. I'm running the Pixel on 8.0.0, messages app v2.4.036. The Orea update definitely messed up something. I've been troubleshooting this issue for a while now, no luck unfortunately. I've tried everything I've seen in this thread. Everything except a factory reset, which may be inevitable at this point. I've also messed with my girlfriends iPhones message settings (Making sure Send as SMS is on and iMessages is off) Didn't make a difference.

Not sure if this helps trace anything but something odd I did experience was during the initial Oreo update. I ran the update as normal and everything updated fine. But about an hour after the update completed I had the same notification pop up telling me to update to 8.0.0... I was confused because the update just finished, and the system said it was running 8.0.0... maybe it just needed another reboot to finish the update but idk. In my experience it's sometimes the oddest most insignificant clues that can trace down the source of bugs.

I just can't believe Google hasn't fixed this issue yet, it's been over a week. Help us out Google!
    09-16-2017 05:52 AM
    Just verified what BrainPMD mentioned in post #46 . I changed my default messaging app to Verizon Messages. Restarted my phone. Before unlocking I sent a few messages from an iPhone. The notification popped up saying I have new messages, but I opened the app and they weren't there... Such an odd issue
    09-16-2017 06:12 AM
    I had the same issues, but it would come on/off randomly. Switched to verizon messaging app, disabled pixel messaging app, and restored it with factory version(or whatever it asks you to do when you disable an app) and everything seems to work.
    09-16-2017 02:00 PM
    Crap, thanks. I tried this exact thing just now and it didn't fix for me...

I assume at the end you were using Android default messages upgraded to the latest version and returned to an uninstalled Verizon messaging app?
    09-16-2017 06:52 PM
    Has anyone had any luck receiving the missing messages after a factory reset? If so, what did you do? For example, switch to verizon messages, etc. Thanks!
    09-16-2017 07:09 PM
    Fixed mine!! I had to do a factory reset. Thanks to all those above me for the suggestion!!! As also stated above the reset only took about 30 minutes of course recovered everything via gmail account.

Thanks again!!

John
    Music City, USA
    09-17-2017 11:25 AM
    After the reset Messenger Plus was reinstalled and I just opened it (I had uninstalled it earlier).
    Are you still have problems?

John
    09-17-2017 11:27 AM
    Thanks John, keep an eye on it and let us know if that lasts. At least one person reported the problem coming back even after having success with the factory reset.
    09-17-2017 11:34 AM
    09-19-2017 03:07 PM
    When will there be a fix for this. My wife doesn't receive messages.
    09-22-2017 08:08 AM
    Not sure. So frustrated right now with this. another person at this link did a Factory Reset and it did not fix the issue, although the newest poster did have success (but for how long?)...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...oreo/?sort=new
    (see FrankensteinsGerbil post)

At this support Google link an expert is recommending contacting google 1:1 support through a link in the top "most helpful" post...
    https://support.google.com/pixelphon...8FaHm_8/?hl=by
    I urge more people to engage the 1:1 support that the "best answer" states we should do (that's what I did but I did it from my Pixel early on in this process). If you like, reference my Case ID ( Case ID [7-6870000019161]) and state you are having the same issue. This needs more push.
    09-22-2017 08:42 AM
    09-23-2017 12:03 PM
    Caved and did Factory Reset. Have already received a text. Initial feedback is that things are good. When Factory resetting, I chose "copy data" (as opposed to start fresh), "don't have old phone", "backup from cloud". Will report back later and definitely if the issue comes back. BS that this is what was needed but I've been 3 weeks without a "nice to have" like receiving texts...
    09-24-2017 02:23 PM
    Had to get a new sim card, it was transferred from Mini S4, didn't help sooo Factory reset. Working so far.
    09-25-2017 11:39 AM
    My Pixel from Google Project Fi also lost the ability to receive text messages after updating to Oreo. After trying many of the suggestions here, I found that if I disabled the stock "Messages" app, I can receive text messages using "Hangouts". It is not my preferred app ... but it does work.
    09-27-2017 03:34 PM
    Supposedly the new version of Messages on apkmirror.com fixes this. I haven't had the issue so I don't know if it fixes it or not.
    09-27-2017 07:06 PM
    That is good news matty, thanks.
    09-27-2017 08:14 PM
    Concerned though... because here it implies that it is just a notification bug that is fixed (where people are just missing the notification but if they go into Android Messages they see their messages).. That is not the same as what I and many in this trail have found... we don't get the messages at all.
    09-27-2017 10:26 PM
    Had to do a factory reset for the messages to work again.
    10-03-2017 06:56 PM
    Polar135, when you did the reset, did you receive any missed messages that previously hadn't come through?
    10-03-2017 08:18 PM
    I didn't receive the missed messages. I have not heard of anyone who reported doing the factory reset that did get the missed messages.
    10-05-2017 08:39 AM
    Polar135, when you did the reset, did you receive any missed messages that previously hadn't come through?

They did not come back. I had copies or had read them as i use the VZW Messages+ app on my tablet and laptops.
    10-05-2017 11:26 AM
    All, please see this post in the related post... Seems google has a fix identified and is rolling it out soon...
    https://productforums.google.com/d/m...A/NS8GxR4GAQAJ
    10-19-2017 04:29 PM
82 1234