XL size vs 6P?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a 6P, great phone, but after awhile I got tired carrying around a phone that size. I know the XL is slightly smaller on paper, but is it noticeably smaller in your pocket?

I'm actually considering the XL 2 which is rumored to be similar in size. Thanks.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I had both, used the 6P as a backup for my XL and I felt that the XL was smaller. For me the XL is right on the edge for me and anything bigger is noticeable for things like, I have to take the phone out of my pocket to tie my shoes with my usual work pants. The 6P was liveable, I made it work but the XL has been better in the size department. I'm really hoping the smaller bezels reduce the overall footprint.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got the XL as a replacement for my 6P (Nexus Protect actually sent me the XL when I sent in my 6P for a cracked screen -- great upgrade for $79!!!). It definitely feels smaller, and is also noticeably lighter. The slightly smaller screen size is also noticeable, but not bothersome.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I can deal with a slightly smaller screen. I currently have an S8, and the small size has been refreshing.

LOL @ taking the 6P out of the pocket when bending over. Even while seated, I had to remove it to get comfortable.