Bluetooth Unpairing

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out why my Bluetooth keeps getting unpaired from my Ford Flex with Sync. I use Tasker to automatically turn Bluetooth on when I leave the house, off when I arrive at the office, on when I leave, then off when I get back home.

After a couple of round trips, I noticed that the Bluetooth icon in my car stopped showing a connection. My phone's Bluetooth was on, but not connected. Checking the settings my car was no longer in the list of paired devices.

Today, however, I was actually able to see/catch something that perhaps I just never saw before since my phone is usually in my holster.

A new notification appeared asking me to connect/pair to Sync. When I tapped the notification, I was prompted to enter a pairing code. It stated that it had to be 16 digits. What? The original pairing code is only 6. I cannot enter any numbers shorter than 16 digits.

If I cancel or just let it time out, my car gets unpaired and I have to go through the entire setup process again.

Any ideas out there? I'm at a loss as to how to fix this (if I can).

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have another car, and my Motorola headphones and no-name speaker work perfectly. It's just my Ford Sync.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with a stock Pixel 2. My paired Tucson 2017 works for a few days and then it strangely dissapears from the list of paired devices while all my other bluetooth devices are still in the list. I am thinking it might be a bug with android auto... When this occurs I cant pair any new devices, I have to reboot the phone to be able to pair a new device.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I found that after I updated to 8.1 (beta) the problems were resolved. Hopefully it still will be with the 8.1 final

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC