Phone is not wake up when wireless headphone added and incoming calls comes

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello

I have some weird issue which i already reported to google but still not resolve. When i attached any wireless headphone to my headset which is Google Pixel with Android 8.1.0 and January Security patch update 5th Jan 2018, and then if any incoming call, it will not wake up and screen showing black as idel mode. Even phone is ringing in both headset and also device. Then if i click power button it will show who is calling. Does anyone facing same issue. Please let me know if any one got any resolution. Performed most of the step suggested by Google team.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the screen wake up properly if the headphones aren't connected?

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine too. If I have my bluetooth headset on, my phone stays black when a call comes in. I have to hit the power button to wake the screen to see who's calling.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be intentional. The rationale could be that if people have a Bluetooth device connected (for calls), the phone is often in one's pocket. If the screen turns on while the phone is in the pocket, it may increase the chance for unintentional screen touches. I'm not aware of a way to change how that behaves, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87