December update :)

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Also confirm December update, on Verizon in California. Which finally activated Call Screening! I say "activate" because I already had the required call app (version 24). But it still wasn't there in the settings. But now it is.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Also confirm December update, on Verizon in California. Which finally activated Call Screening! I say "activate" because I already had the required call app (version 24). But it still wasn't there in the settings. But now it is.

Where in the settings is call screening at? Thanks ;-)

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly how it happened for me.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks David and JD for showing me where the call screening feature should be ;-) I don't seem to have it yet, but I've gotten everything else I was supposed to so I'll trust Google on this one :)

I've never figured out how to multi-quote on this site :-(

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Same thing happened to me today too!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've had the updated December patch and phone app for over a week now and never got the call screening feature. I also have my Google play store auto update turned off (although I still update my apps manually). I read of somebody else with auto update turned off getting the feature overnight and seeing it in the morning.

In fact most folks I've read about getting it got it overnight. I always turn my phone off at night, but decided to try an experiment and left it on all night.....lo and behold, when I checked my phone in the morning it was there. It had nothing to do with the December patch, my phone app, or even the fact I have app auto updating turned off.

It came through like a Google play services update... which you can't disable. It's interesting they chose to send it through that way... they wanted everyone to get it, and they seemed to want it to install at night when the phone most likely wasn't being used but was on.

Good to know for future updates ;-)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had the updated December patch and phone app for over a week now and never got the call screening feature. I also have my Google play store auto update turned off (although I still update my apps manually). I read of somebody else with auto update turned off getting the feature overnight and seeing it in the morning.

In fact most folks I've read about getting it got it overnight. I always turn my phone off at night, but decided to try an experiment and left it on all night.....lo and behold, when I checked my phone in the morning it was there. It had nothing to do with the December patch, my phone app, or even the fact I have app auto updating turned off.

It came through like a Google play services update... which you can't disable. It's interesting they chose to send it through that way... they wanted everyone to get it, and they seemed to want it to install at night when the phone most likely wasn't being used but was on.

Good to know for future updates ;-)

My Pixel is settings are pretty much as yours .

I think its just the luck of the draw when it shows up .

But it will show up eventually :)

As far as Multi-quote which I don't do that to often, the way I do it is just a work around but works. Someone may know a more user-friendly way to do it :)

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Any OG Pixel received the Sounds app update? Mine has not come through yet and I am running the Dec patch. My sounds app updated yesterday but no new design?!??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa