I ma using old pixel XL.. after update android pie.. basic phone functions are not working.. unable to make call, as soon I call phone hangs and need to restart.. no volume in phone .. all these issues even in safe mode.. all old pixel and pixel XL phones needs to be thrown away.. is that Google want..? No will buy pixel phone if updated OS doesn't support old phones. Pls understand.. it's basic testing needs to be performed in all the models before release the New OS . Why is not followed.???
    06-15-2019 02:38 PM
    Try reflashing the ROM (https://developers.google.com/android/images#marlin). Open the flash-all file you'll be using (.bat for Windows, .sh for Mac/Linux) and remove the -w from the last fastboot line. Then run flash-all. (If the bootloader isn't unlocked, you'll have to do that first, so back everything up before you do.)

There's nothing wrong with the June 2019 update - the phone works, etc. (The OS supports the Pixel XL [and will probably continue to support it until November, at which time you'll stop getting updates - that will be 2 years of updates - if they've extended it to 3 for the Pixel XL, you'll keep getting them until around November 2020].)
    06-15-2019 03:53 PM