Anyone else using CrossOver to run Windows apps?

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I switch to a new platform, there's always that ONE program that doesn't have a native version. For me and the Pixelbook, it is the e-Sword Bible software. There are Windows, MacOS, and iOS versions but none for Android or web.

So in my continuing quest to get the PB to replace both my Macbook Air and iPad Pro, I installed CrossOver on the PB, and then installed e-Sword.

The results are actually quite good. Performance is noticeably slower than the Chrome apps or even Android apps, but very acceptable.

CrossOver doesn't quite know how to deal with the high pixel density of the PB and so I had to tweak the WINE settings to get a good balance between the text size within the app and the size of the window elements.

closeup.jpg

So is anyone else using CrossOver? If so, what Windows apps are you running on it and how well are they performing?

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded full MS Office 16 through Crossover. I did so because I use Excel enough that the Android app version, and even the Office 365 version just doesn't cut it. I did a pivot table and other things, and it worked like it would on a Windows or Mac OS version of Excel. Not sure how long I'll still keep it if the LibreOffice version is robust enough on the spreadsheet side to do everything I need.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have a copy of Office 2007 and Photoshop CS2 on mine using crossover. But since I installed Libre office through crostini I don't use office at all. May uninstall it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol