Pixelbook for a Realtor?

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I am changing careers soon, and will need a laptop.
Is a Pixelbook enough of a machine to be efficient to use for a new Real Estate Agent ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That depends on the apps you're going to be running. If they run on ChromeOS, yes. If not, you may want to look for one that can run both ChromeOS and Windows (or just a small Windows laptop).

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
You want to make sure you have the correct printer for Chrome, windows and ios are easier for printing. How much storage do you need? This is something else you need to think about.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys.
Looked at Bestbuy, will do more research.
Was just excited as I have a Pixel phone........

I use my pixelbook more than any of my laptops. Not sure if you being the realty business requires you to have any special apps but I imagine everything is online these days.

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am changing careers soon, and will need a laptop.
Is a Pixelbook enough of a machine to be efficient to use for a new Real Estate Agent ?
The suitability of a Pixelbook for use in the Real Estate field is highly dependent on the software and services you'll use in that capacity.

Chrome OS isn't particularly suited well for "vertical market" apps (software that is specialized for specific lines of business). That means that if you are going to rely on something like software that standardizes the gathering of information for RE listings, then you make have difficulty finding software that will run on a Chromebook.

I'm a fan of Chromebooks, and the Pixelbook in particular, but I wouldn't recommend one for your needs.

I recommend looking to forums that cater to real estate agents and see what hardware/software they use and recommend. If you plan on working for an existing agency, you might want to ask them what they use.

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you.
The suitability of a Pixelbook for use in the Real Estate field is highly dependent on the software and services you'll use in that capacity.

Chrome OS isn't particularly suited well for "vertical market" apps (software that is specialized for specific lines of business). That means that if you are going to rely on something like software that standardizes the gathering of information for RE listings, then you make have difficulty finding software that will run on a Chromebook.

I'm a fan of Chromebooks, and the Pixelbook in particular, but I wouldn't recommend one for your needs.

I recommend looking to forums that cater to real estate agents and see what hardware/software they use and recommend. If you plan on working for an existing agency, you might want to ask them what they use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non