Play store crashes

Andrzej456

Apr 14, 2021
Visit site
Ever since Play store changed Interface and got rid of hamburger menu I have been experiencing weird annoying problem.
Let's say I type something in search bar, I instantly get the search results suggestions , I click on the suggestion I get the results, but then if I wanna add something to my search request in the bar ,another word,number or even space,as soon as I add another single character the Play store crashes.
I tried all the usual fixes, clearing data ,cache,uninstalling Play store,Play services,download manager.After Play store gets automatically reinstalled,for a while I get Interface with the hamburger menu but then it gets changed to new interface after few hours and the problem returns.Any tips would be appreciated.
Running non rooted LG velvet 5g on Android 11.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is your Android System Webview up to date? If not, update it and see if that helps. Or, if it's already up to date, try the opposite -- uninstall all updates to ASW, since sometimes an update can cause glitches in certain devices.

Andrzej456

Apr 14, 2021
Visit site
Did update Android web view, problem was still there but thanks for advice will try to roll back updates to it, didn't think about that,see if it helps.Thank you

Andrzej456

Apr 14, 2021
Visit site
Tried that and installed older version of ASW
Didn't help.Thanks for suggestion anyway, resigned to factory reset or wait for the next update of Play store.

Andrzej456

Apr 14, 2021
Visit site
Started it up in safe mode and the problem persists-"Google Play store keeps stopping" as soon as I tried to perform operations in search bar described in my first post.While in safe mode I Didnt try to uninstall any apps one by one to see if any cause this problem,too cumbersome.Never had this problem with the old hamburger UI.Because it is a relatively minor issue I'm gonna hold off with the factory reset for now,too much pain in the....to restore all apps and settings.I wrote to Google support and am waiting for their response.Sort of regret it now that I upgraded to Android 11,because i have lg g7 with Android 10 and I don't have any problem with the new Play store interface.Thanks for all the tips and if somebody comes up with a new idea I'd really appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. Send some feedback to LG about this (and hope that someone's paying attention to feedback there -- I imagine their smartphone division is in a bit of disarray right about now:-\).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Started it up in safe mode and the problem persists-"Google Play store keeps stopping" as soon as I tried to perform operations in search bar described in my first post.While in safe mode I Didnt try to uninstall any apps one by one to see if any cause this problem,too cumbersome.Never had this problem with the old hamburger UI.Because it is a relatively minor issue I'm gonna hold off with the factory reset for now,too much pain in the....to restore all apps and settings.I wrote to Google support and am waiting for their response.Sort of regret it now that I upgraded to Android 11,because i have lg g7 with Android 10 and I don't have any problem with the new Play store interface.Thanks for all the tips and if somebody comes up with a new idea I'd really appreciate it.
When was last time you had a factory reset?

Andrzej456

Apr 14, 2021
Visit site
Yes thinking about asking LG.Factory reset on this phone? actually never,got this phone 3 months ago.I like this phone and have absolutely no other issues until Play store UI change and this weird problem came up.

Andrzej456

Apr 14, 2021
Visit site
Never got any reply from LG or Google so I used the great equalizer-factory reset.Thankfully it worked and so far everything is good,don't have this weird occurrence anymore.i have no idea what caused it,I have presently the same version and build of play store like before the reset,without hamburger menu and am slowly bringing back my apps and settings one by one and checking play store reaction.So far so good after reinstalling about 20 apps.Thank you for all the help and suggestions.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Never got any reply from LG or Google so I used the great equalizer-factory reset.Thankfully it worked and so far everything is good,don't have this weird occurrence anymore.i have no idea what caused it,I have presently the same version and build of play store like before the reset,without hamburger menu and am slowly bringing back my apps and settings one by one and checking play store reaction.So far so good after reinstalling about 20 apps.Thank you for all the help and suggestions.
Ok glad to hear it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's good to hear. I wonder if this is the kind of thing that a cache partition wipe would have solved on another device, but not on this one since LG doesn't allow the user to access the Android System Recovery menu for that.:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38