google+ account needed for ratings and comments?

gag1

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I hate that. I don't have Google+ and I don't want it. And now I can't rate my apps anymore without it. This seems rather dictatorial and unfair to me, and I wonder what can be done about it. Also I can't seem to find anywhere to complain about this. Play store support? Non-existent, same as Google-support. Just FAQ's and more FAQ's, nowhere to email, chat or call.
So, where does Google pick up complaints about their stuff? Where to turn to? Here on this forum? :-!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing you can do. Contacting Google won't do you too much good. They instituted the change for a really good reason. Either review it as yourself, or don't review it, and it'll cut down on the spammy reviews that plague the Play Store. You don't have to use G+ as a social network or at all if you don't want to. Just sign in once and log right back out. You'll be able to review apps all you want that way.
If you'd like to try to lodge a complaint through them, fire up the Play store on your phone, hit the overflow button (3 dots) click HELP and tap on Contact Us.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I hate that. I don't have Google+ and I don't want it. And now I can't rate my apps anymore without it. This seems rather dictatorial and unfair to me, and I wonder what can be done about it. Also I can't seem to find anywhere to complain about this. Play store support? Non-existent, same as Google-support. Just FAQ's and more FAQ's, nowhere to email, chat or call.
So, where does Google pick up complaints about their stuff? Where to turn to? Here on this forum? :-!

I totally agree. Android may be Google based but all this forcing us to use various whatevers is just flat out WRONG. We should have a choice. This is why when my upgrade is available I'm probably going back to Blackberry. I'm sick to death of Google infiltrating and wanting to run my life.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree. Android may be Google based but all this forcing us to use various whatevers is just flat out WRONG. We should have a choice. This is why when my upgrade is available I'm probably going back to Blackberry. I'm sick to death of Google infiltrating and wanting to run my life.

That ought to be boring going back to BB. But I totally understand. I was quite annoyed when I found I had to sign up for Google+, being that no one I know truly uses it.

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!

poppiesgdd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with shaggy kids and others . I have posted the same sentiments on googles own
forums , and it fell on deaf ears . My argument was that besides pushing this new " must have "
crud on us , this is just another way of viruses and malware reaching our PC's and other sites .
Whenever you start using one of googles add ons , they ask you to sync your address books
and on some you don't even get the option . This is like buying a car and being told that you can
only have it in one colour , and no options , and you are NOT allowed to paint it a different colour
or attach accessories of YOUR choice , and then on your first compulsory service , removing your
rear screen , attaching a large hopper with a sign that says " PLEASE DEPOSIT GARBAGE HERE ".
We do have a choice whether we load google pushy or not , but we no longer have the choice of
rating an app on gooble ploy without loading gooble pious ( yes , I spelt all that correctly ).
We have lost enough of our rights already , and while we let these corporate bullies get away
with this ,we are losing yet another right . We will all eventually end up computer using robots .
What we all need is an Ombudsman to stop the bullying , like telecommunications have .
Let's have the choice of options , and the option of choice back again !!!.
I'll get off my soapbox now . Glenn .

poppiesgdd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
To Scott Kenyon .
You have obviously never read google 's own forums about people trying to get off
google plus , and eventually getting their real names removed from a site after two
months after saying they want to remain anonymous , or use a pseudonym .
You too have a right to free speech the same as everyone else , and a right to
the choice whether you have something pushed upon you first or not .
By the time you are wise enough to realise that , it will be too late to change back .
What are you going to do then , tell your kids they don't have rights any more !?.
The word Democracy comes to mind , not fascism .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty