Does anyone think its TOO big?

Is this device too big for you?

• Total voters

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
no gimme a 5"

women have a problem carrying a phone in their pockets as their pockets are small and a droidx doesn't fit in my wifes pockets, but for me, I want a 5"

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
no gimme a 5"

women have a problem carrying a phone in their pockets as their pockets are small and a droidx doesn't fit in my wifes pockets, but for me, I want a 5"

This. When the dell streak came out, i wanted it so bad. Im not gonna buy a tablet. No need, my phone can do the same thing. But i would love a huge phone for that mini tablet feel. Ahh i can't wait for the next Nexus lol. I bet it will be a 5 incher.

belogical

May 23, 2010
Visit site
4.65" Device - Is it too big?

nexus-vs-iphone4s119verge.jpg

Comparing Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB vs. Apple iPhone 4S 64GB - 15 Reasons for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB - VERSUS IO

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: 4.65" Device - Is it too big?

4.3" device w/ buttons is ~the same size as a 4.65" device with no button. How complicated is that for people to understand.

belogical

May 23, 2010
Visit site

4.3" device w/ buttons is ~the same size as a 4.65" device with no button. How complicated is that for people to understand.

I've heard that comment a dozen or more times, but that device looks big (which I like), but it doesn't look like a 4.3" device w/ buttons to me. Also, remember, a 4.3" device is huge as well.

Below in order from left to right, galaxy nexus (4.65), galaxy S II (4.3), nexus One (3.7), and the nexus S (4.0).

The Galaxy Nexus looks a decent bit bigger to me than the Galaxy S II. Thoughts?

galaxy-family.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs. Galaxy S II, Nexus One and Nexus S (macro hands-on) -- Engadget

zoomis

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Based on the vids I've seen, it doesn't look too big for me. Still will fit comfortably in my front pocket (or even front shirt pocket).

Folks who stick it in their rear pocket may have issues though....I've never understood that anyway. :)

duarte.teixeira

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

If this keeps going as it is now, in one year we'll have tablets under our shoulders instead of a phone in the pocket. Thing's are getting out of control.
Everybody is obsessed with thickness, thickness, thickness! Get real !

Any phone over 120 x 60 mm size is not a phone, it's a small mini tablet

:p:p:p

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site

If this keeps going as it is now, in one year we'll have tablets under our shoulders instead of a phone in the pocket. Thing's are getting out of control.
Everybody is obsessed with thickness, thickness, thickness! Get real !

Any phone over 120 x 60 mm size is not a phone, it's a small mini tablet

:p:p:p

And thus the difference between a phone and a tablet was finally defined.

Actually, wait a sec. Isn't it a phone since it can, you know, make phone calls?

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

It's decent in size, but will probably still "feel" smaller than my Thunderbolt which is fat AND tall.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I'm not sure I would want to go any larger then the GN but don't have any concerns about its size. It's all going to come down to each individuals preference.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm with you belogical. I started a similar thread (sans poll) a few days ago. I really am surprised that more people don't think that its too large. They mentioned at the debut that they got feedback that people love larger phones so I guess they are going that direction. At what point does the phone become too large? Where are people's limits? I'm not so concerned about it in my hand, but I have to carry it around somehow and this thing seems like its going to be gargantuan in my pocket. Might actually not fit in the cell phone pocket of some of the cargo type pants that I wear.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm with you belogical. I started a similar thread (sans poll) a few days ago. I really am surprised that more people don't think that its too large. They mentioned at the debut that they got feedback that people love larger phones so I guess they are going that direction. At what point does the phone become too large? Where are people's limits? I'm not so concerned about it in my hand, but I have to carry it around somehow and this thing seems like its going to be gargantuan in my pocket. Might actually not fit in the cell phone pocket of some of the cargo type pants that I wear.

Go to a VZW store or Best Buy (or wherever your preferred phone vendor is) and pick up a Charge. If that is too big for you, then the GN probably isn't for you. If it's not too big, then you'll be fine.

Galaxy Nexus:
136mm x 68mm x 8.9mm

Droid Charge:
130mm x 68mm x 12mm

rsc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

You may want to check the dimensions of the actual phone, not just the screen + buttons.
Example:
Droid Bionic w/ 4.3" screen. 4.96 x 2.63 x .52
Droid Charge w/ 4.3" screen 5.11 x 2.66 x .46
Galaxy Nexus w/ 4.65" screen 5.33 x 2.67 x .35 (thicker w/ Verizon LTE)

Would people please stop stop saying this 4.65" device w/ no buttons is the same as a 4.3" device. It does not look like they saved any room by removing the buttons. This phone IS VERY large. It will work for some people but not for all.

Reactions: djw39