Face Unlock with a pic?

BitGambit

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you can, but it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble.. I imagine it takes in different variables that it takes into account like, distance the face is from the phone, the size of the face, certain details, etc.. So I'm assuming the only way to "fake" it of you print a life sized picture of the face, or use a computer screen..

That may not work either, as the proximity sensor (using infrared) may be advanced enough to figure out if its flat ( paper) or not.. I'm just guessing though..

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i believe that people with the Nokia9 had stated that you couldn't bypass the security measure by using a photo as the software for that particular phone did in fact take some quick video to ensure your face was real & reacted to the environment (lighting/shadows).

however, that's a different company than PittPatt (spelling?) the company from Pittsburgh which Google bought (earlier this year, i believe it was) who developed this technology for Android.

Hemroid4.0

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
ofcourse not. Face unlock failed to unlock the phone at the Hong Kong unveiling during the demonstration of it. What makes you think a pic would work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress