Galaxy Nexus internals detailed

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
from the wiki article:

The MHL standard features a single cable with a low pin-count interface able to support up to 1080p high-definition (HD) video and digital audio while simultaneously charging the connected device.

Ok , so I have to buy a cable then, that's all right? Some micro-USB to HDMI cable or something? I still don't get this concept, even reading the wiki.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll take this one further. The Galaxy Nexus supposedly uses contact charging (the few dots you see on the side of the case) So no matter what's plugged into the micro-USB port you should still be able to charge the phone.

That why I mentioned the hassle of carrying around a dock with me. But if can charge via the USB while plugged in for for HDMI use I'm happy. :)

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm no specs expert, but it looks like the Broadcom chip they put in it gives it Bluetooth 4.0. Is that right?

Yeah. That's confusing. I clicked on the Broadcom chip link and here is it's title: "BCM4330 - 802.11a/b/g/n MAC/Baseband/Radio with Integrated Bluetooth 4.0+HS and FM Transceiver". It clearly states that it has bluetooth 4.0 and also a FM Transceiver.

However, the specs for the Galaxy Nexus say Bluetooth 3.0, as well as the SGSII, which apparently uses the same chip. I wonder which chip the Motorola RAZR uses as it lists Bluetooth 4.0 in its specs, which is supposed to be used with low power devices (does the Motorola ACTV use bluetooth 4.0?). I wonder if it is just a software thing to be enabled if the chip is already there.

kalbri

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what cdma/evdo baseband processor it uses? The Droid Charge used a Via Telecom unit. Does the Galaxy Nexus use this one too or is it a Qualcomm chip?

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I bought this one off ebay: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

USBtoHDMI_Female_003.jpg

The form factor seems to make more sense to me compared to the ones with the short cord and box. I paid more to buy from a us seller. It's also available from seller in Hong Kong for quite a bit cheaper but shipping from China takes ages.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought this one off ebay: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Click to view quoted image

The form factor seems to make more sense to me compared to the ones with the short cord and box. I paid more to buy from a us seller. It's also available from seller in Hong Kong for quite a bit cheaper but shipping from China takes ages.

Thanks for the link! Does any one know if this means the GN be able to mirror itself over HDMI??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall