"Sim Card is PUK-locked." Need help!

sk8erfrombham

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I need some help.

I was in Settings and opened a SIM Card option, the exact name I can't remember (something to do with blocking other SIM cards from being inserted in the device?). It didn't open the first time, so I hit it again. Then my phone was instantly PUK-locked and I can't unlock my phone.

It says, "Emergency calls only / SIM card is PUK-locked." on the bottom of the unlock phone screen. When slide the lock icon to the unlock icon, my phone it says, "Enter PUK and new PIN Code" and I don't know what my PUK number is or what to do.:confused:

Some background Info:
I am using a rooted Galaxy Nexus GSM in Taiwan.
My network provider is Taiwan Mobile.
I recently installed a new ROM: Codename Android 1.2.0
I recently installed Franco's kernel (1/20/2012).

sk8erfrombham

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Go see your network provider. They have the PUK code in their systems.

Thanks for the info!

After they give you your PUK code is it pretty straightforward to unlock it or do I have to use the this complicated way I found on the internet:

1) Contact your mobile provider (from another phone) and ask for the PUK code. After a security check they will give you an 8-digit number.

2) On the Nexus One tap "Emergency calls only" and you will be shown the usual dialer (don't worry, it won't call any emergency service, just show you the dialer!).

3) Think of a new 4-digit PIN number.

4) Type this code into the Nexus One's dialer:
**05*<PUK number>*<New PIN number>*<New PIN number again>#

For example:
I received the PUK code 62862993 from my mobile provider and I want my PIN to be 1234:
**05*62862993*1234*1234#

aiyairfan24

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
hi my phone is Samsung galaxy note 3 and my SIM card was PUK. how can I get the PUK CODE and unblock my sim card please I really need help . ythanks

kevin haynes

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the hel . It worked the first time. I used the method Nick792 used to block his galaxy Nexus GSM. It was a tad bit easier for me because metro left the holder( looks like a credit card with a hole where the sim chip came from) and in the upper left corner was the PUK number.
My phone is a Kyocera hydro life. Thanks a millio n. Kevin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87