NFC and Wallet questions

DocAwe

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
So I tried my first purchase with Wallet today and it didn't go so well. I have a couple questions about how things function.

Does the NFC communication just send your card number, then the cashier has to do something to finish the transaction?

When you look at your card list in Wallet, there is a button underneath that says default card or disabled. I'm guessing when it says Default Card, that means it IS your default card, not "push this to make it your default card"?

This was at a Jack in the Box drive through. I have two transaction records in Wallet that say Paypass Merchant, Sent, Google Prepaid Card. So my guess is I did everything right and the cashier didn't know what he was doing? After the first time, he said, you need to swipe a card sir. I said it says sent, then I tried again and he still said no go, so I pulled my wallet out, rather than hold everyone up.

I really want to make use of this but not if I have to argue with a cashier every time. Just want to make sure I am doing everything right before I do such a thing.

Thanks

choocar

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine didn't work the first time, but did the second time (Whole Foods in both cases). The difference was that I just touched the top of the phone the first time, but I pressed the whole phone flat against the receiver the second time. I assume that the range of NFC is very short.

pureazian626

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
i made sure i had punched my pin before i used it. It does say in the instructions #4 "If necessary, enter Google Wallet PIN on phone and tap terminal again" So i rather have the PIN inputted beforehand

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have found that if If the tap doesn't work, then sliding it will.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Miguel Tapia

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the htc one M8 and I was wondering how I can make google wallet my primary payment service, it doesn't come out in the tap and pay section of NFC and won't let me uncheck Isis, does that mean I can't use google wallet or I have to do an extra step to use wallet.
If anyone has some info I appreciate it.