Sync apps for Android?

nipcarlover

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
I used to own a Nokia phone a couple of years ago and used to enjoy keeping my phone connected to my PC with the Nokia PC suite app using Bluetooth.
I was wondering if such a app is available for Android..
I know about the AirDroid app but it doesn't work for me as my computer internet and Wi-Fi are on different networks.
So, I was wondering if there was a AirDroid type app that works using Bluetooth or USB..

Thanks! :)

nipcarlover

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't really need to keep data in "sync"..
I'd like to have notifications, calls etc to create a pop up on my desktop from which I can reply to let's say an SMS or pick up a call..

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Uhh... You need to use Google Voice then. You can have calls ring both your PC and Phone at the same time. Have to go all-in though, porting your # to Google Voice or using a new assigned GV #.

Other than that, there's no way to just have your PC notify you of calls and SMS and then have you respond on the device. Doesn't seem very useful to me. Why not just have your phone at your desk?

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't really need to keep data in "sync"..
I'd like to have notifications, calls etc to create a pop up on my desktop from which I can reply to let's say an SMS or pick up a call..

I did see an app like that mentioned on one of the Android blogs in the last few days, can't remember its name, its possible "MyPhoneExplorer" does this but I'd have turned it off.

emmib

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
I used to own a Nokia phone a couple of years ago and used to enjoy keeping my phone connected to my PC with the Nokia PC suite app using Bluetooth.
I was wondering if such a app is available for Android..
I know about the AirDroid app but it doesn't work for me as my computer internet and Wi-Fi are on different networks.
So, I was wondering if there was a AirDroid type app that works using Bluetooth or USB..

Thanks! :)

This could work for messaging. In terms of music and stuff the only ones I know of that fit your description are similar to AirDroid, otherwise over USB you can use DoubleTwist, an iTunes-like application.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
You can use Remote notifier for android
Its free app and its probably what your asking for

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2