Extended battery

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
After about a week with the extended battery, I'm a bit disappointed. Yes, it's better than stock, but it's still a far cry from my buddy's Razr MAXX or my iPhone 4S which are both battery champs. I'm come to the realization that Samsung hardware just really sucks. It's not just the battery, but the radio and gps are sub-par I find. Not going to make the same mistake again. Here's hoping the multiple vendor Nexus rumor for the next one is true.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
After about a week with the extended battery, I'm a bit disappointed. Yes, it's better than stock, but it's still a far cry from my buddy's Razr MAXX or my iPhone 4S which are both battery champs. I'm come to the realization that Samsung hardware just really sucks. It's not just the battery, but the radio and gps are sub-par I find. Not going to make the same mistake again. Here's hoping the multiple vendor Nexus rumor for the next one is true.

Sorry, but what did you expect? The Samsung extended battery is only 14% larger than stock, and still a full 1300mAh smaller then the Razr Maxx....

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to see what my results are. My stock battery is usually BARELY enough for my daily routine. I don't need much of a boost, just a bit. hoping that 14% will give me just a bit more for peace of mind :)
Hoping it will be here by next Friday

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I've diagnosed my really poor battery life, even with extended battery, down to the FB app. I've not uninstalled it, and will be checking how things improve. This morning, checking my battery usage panel, FB app had used 29% of my battery, all while in background (I hadn't even used the app up to that point).

With the problem app removed, I should be able to get a better feel for the extended battery. I'm already seeing an improvement in discharge rate since uninstalling the FB app a couple hours ago.

xkon

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence. I bought a few oem 1750s on eBay and a wall charger. I'd rather just always have a swap when one dies.. But the extra juice is tempting. I find the battery life on my GN great since 4.0.4

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
After a day with the FB app uninstalled, I'm finally getting decent battery life. With medium to heavy use, I'm at 15hrs, with 20% left. Prior to this, I'd be looking for the charger (4%) at the 12 hr mark.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
hey canuck, what did you have your facebook settings at? I've got mine set to refresh every 4 hours, location (for messenger) is off, and the only notification I have turned on is for comments (all other notifications are unchecked). Seems to be ok like that for me. I check Facebook more often, but the app seems to run a little nicer if it polls for data once in a while, rather then not at all.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I had refresh set to 'Never', location for messenger off, and 'nearby friends' off... everything else on... notifications shouldn't matter unless they're always going off, which wasn't really the case

i'm wondering if like you say, the 4 hr vs Never might have an effect...

but using the web app is working just fine, so i may not even bother... the FB app shouldn't need that much settings tweaking to avoid complete battery drain... it's a poorly written app in regards to battery life

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It might, I have also run Go Power Master since I got the phone, so that may also have some effect as well. Worth a shot anyway!

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
well I reinstalled the FB app just to see... not 12 min after install... with refresh set to 'Never', and notifications all off, it still had sucked down 12% in that short time... looking at battery usage, 11 of those 12 minutes was background (only 1 min in foreground).... needless to say uninstalled it right on the spot....

so F-U facebook app!!!!!!!!

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
well I reinstalled the FB app just to see... not 12 min after install... with refresh set to 'Never', and notifications all off, it still had sucked down 12% in that short time... looking at battery usage, 11 of those 12 minutes was background (only 1 min in foreground).... needless to say uninstalled it right on the spot....

so F-U facebook app!!!!!!!!

I had the same issue with the Facebook app. It was causing my phone not to go into a deep sleep. After I realizes that, I uninstalled it and never looked back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums