Updated my phone. Now I won't receive email alerts. Help!

BlackBarryNewb

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Life was all sunshine and rainbows but when I updated my phone recently I no longer get email notifications. It's such a pain. This is the whole reason why I buy these phones and the Nexus was working fantastic until now. I was going to go to my local Verizon but perhaps I check in here for any suggestions or solutions to the problem.

Forgot to mention that I only use the sync'd email. Not GMail. If I go into the Email and refresh I will eventually get my new emails but I want the alerts to be working again.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Is it set to sync in the accounts section of the settings? If so, try turning it off reboot and back on again.

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd also suggest checking that the Notification Settings within the Email app are set up properly. I had to recheck the notifications in my stock email when I updated my Nexus.

jimkohler

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I expected to find the fix in the Accounts and Sync area of System Settings.It was in the Gmail app Settings. Touch on your email address listed, then check the "Email notifications" box and under "DATA USAGE" touch Gmail sync and check the "Auto-sync app data" box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty