Android 4.1.2 update

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think that 4.1.2 will be rolling around to the GNex sometime soon? Or do y'all think that they are waiting for 4.2 or whatever to update us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It will roll out soon. the reason why N7 got it soon is to fix all those bugs that nexus 7 had.

an android website stated they are getting Galaxy Nexus,Nexus S and Xoom 4.1.2 hit on their servers so its under testing.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It will roll out soon. the reason why N7 got it soon is to fix all those bugs that nexus 7 had.

an android website stated they are getting Galaxy Nexus,Nexus S and Xoom 4.1.2 hit on their servers so its under testing.

That's what I thought...I'm in no rush getting it, was just wondering about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
question..my nexus is rooted and bootloader is unlocked..If and when I receive the OTA...Do I have to unroot and lock the bootloader to make sure that OTA update is successful??
Can someone shed some light?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
question..my nexus is rooted and bootloader is unlocked..If and when I receive the OTA...Do I have to unroot and lock the bootloader to make sure that OTA update is successful??
Can someone shed some light?

Bootloader unlock state doesn't matter for receiving or applying an OTA.

Root doesn't matter either, but you'll lose root when the OTA applies (you can re-root after using the same method, it takes 5min) or you can try an app like OTA Rootkeeper.

The only thing that'll stop the OTA is a custom ROM, different recovery, different radios, or changed/removed system files/applications. Basically if you've changed anything about your phone other than rooting, or used root to accomplish anything that wouldn't be possible w/o root, you're likely not going to be able to apply the OTA.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Bootloader unlock state doesn't matter for receiving or applying an OTA.

Root doesn't matter either, but you'll lose root when the OTA applies (you can re-root after using the same method, it takes 5min) or you can try an app like OTA Rootkeeper.

The only thing that'll stop the OTA is a custom ROM, different recovery, different radios, or changed/removed system files/applications. Basically if you've changed anything about your phone other than rooting, or used root to accomplish anything that wouldn't be possible w/o root, you're likely not going to be able to apply the OTA.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I now get the point.

randyw

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to hear of anyone on the Gnex getting 4.1.2 yet. Although Roms running it are poping up all over the place on XDA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty