(another) email sync issue

mgh24

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I have searched around here, and have seen some similar issues, but no answers.

I have had the stock email app set up for my gmail and my outlook.com account, and it has worked since I got the phone several weeks ago. Then a couple of days ago it quit getting emails, I get message from the outlook account that it cannot connect to server. As far as I know, I did nothing to any settings to change anything, it just started doing this,

So as an experiment I deleted my gmail account, and added it again as a new account. I get to the point where it says "syncing, email will display shortly", or something to that affect, but nothing happens. After a couple of minutes of this I notice my phone is getting warm, far warmer that it ever has before, and the battery is draining fast! So I figure enough of this crap, go into settings and delete the gmail account, and phone cools down.

Anyone know what the h**l this is? I'm not tied to this app, but what the heck happened, and why did it start ramping up my processor to the point that the phone starting heating up?

This is an extremely nice phone, and I have had zero issues with it until this (and this is a software issue, not a phone issue).

Thanks for any help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer