Can't find SGP steinheil screen protectors anywhere

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a new screen protector from sgp, specifically either the ultra crystal clear or the ultra oleophobic one. But I can't seem to find it anywhere. I tried ebay and they cost over $100... the one that was normal price was just too much to pay for the product + shipping/handling. And the official SGP store doesn't carry anything Galaxy nexus anymore... :(

Or can anyone recommend any screen protectors specifically for the Galaxy Nexus that has oleophobic properties (oil resistant) and/or Ultra clear ones? Thanks in advance.

Also I'm looking for protectors that total >$20 (including shipping & handling, if possible)

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Spigen's Amazon store seems to still have the Oleophobic (dry install) ones. Just FYI, these protectors aren't full-coverage (because of the curved glass). I use these ones with mine. I wonder why they removed them from their actual website, though...

Ultra Clear was never made for the G-Nex. But they did make a full-coverage protector called Flex (wet install). No oleophobic properties on that one, though.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Spigen's Amazon store seems to still have the Oleophobic (dry install) ones. Just FYI, these protectors aren't full-coverage (because of the curved glass). I use these ones with mine. I wonder why they removed them from their actual website, though...

Ultra Clear was never made for the G-Nex. But they did make a full-coverage protector called Flex (wet install). No oleophobic properties on that one, though.

Just purchased the one on Amazon came out to be $19. And yes I know it's smaller and not edge to edge. But apparently the guy who posted a review for it didn't realize it lol.

And I had the Flex one but didn't really like it because of the orange peel and the fact the oil and smudges were persistent with that one...

How long have you had your oleophobic protector? And how often does the non edge to edge protection bother you? What's the clarity, etc.

And I have no clue why they took it off their website...

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Steinheil on since last September, when I bought the phone. The non-protected edges don't really bother me too much (in fact, I don't really even notice it anymore). Clarity is very good. The protector isn't peeling or fraying at all, so I'd say it's a good quality product. I still have the extra protector in the box in case this one wears out.

One thing I will say about this protector though is although it is oleophobic to a certain extent, it's not exactly fingerprint-proof. And you really need to wipe it off with a microfiber cloth to get it totally clean. It also develops small scratches pretty easily, but they're not very noticeable unless you're looking at it in direct light.

My only guess as to why SGP removed the product is maybe it's discontinued? Those 7 left I saw on their Amazon store earlier are probably all they have left. I might just order another set of two just in case.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Steinheil on since last September, when I bought the phone. The non-protected edges don't really bother me too much (in fact, I don't really even notice it anymore). Clarity is very good. The protector isn't peeling or fraying at all, so I'd say it's a good quality product. I still have the extra protector in the box in case this one wears out.

One thing I will say about this protector though is although it is oleophobic to a certain extent, it's not exactly fingerprint-proof. And you really need to wipe it off with a microfiber cloth to get it totally clean. It also develops small scratches pretty easily, but they're not very noticeable unless you're looking at it in direct light.

My only guess as to why SGP removed the product is maybe it's discontinued? Those 7 left I saw on their Amazon store earlier are probably all they have left. I might just order another set of two just in case.

I just got it today and I installed it. I have to say that I'm slightly, but not too much, disappointed. If I wasn't so afraid of getting my screen scratched I would've stayed with no protection on my phone. Although it says oleophobic, my phone's natural screen does a much better job with fingerprints, and it is nice and easy to glide the finger on the natural screen compared to the friction frenzy screen protector. It's easy to clean though. But my phone's natural screen does 10x better than the protector. I like the sense of security from scratches though so I guess I can live with it.

Last edited:

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got it today and I installed it. I have to say that I'm slightly, but not too much, disappointed. If I wasn't so afraid of getting my screen scratched I would've stayed with no protection on my phone. Although it says oleophobic, my phone's natural screen does a much better job with fingerprints, and it is nice and easy to glide the finger on the natural screen compared to the friction frenzy screen protector. It's easy to clean though. But my phone's natural screen does 10x better than the protector. I like the sense of security from scratches though so I guess I can live with it.

Yeah, I've noticed the same things with my Steinheil protector. But in the end, I like it a lot better than the ZAGG protector (wet install; very "orange peel" feeling) I had on my last phone. I may try some of the other brands too, while they still make protectors for the G-Nex. I still have my extra protector in the package, in case I want to go back.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87