How to increase screen display time on lock screen

Cadmus8421

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
To be fair, a company as huge as Google that's responsible for an OS as huge as Android can't respond to every single request for a modification or fix. They need to weigh how common the request is before they consider it. So the only direct option with Google is to send feedback, and encourage others with your concern to do the same. Most people feel that sending feedback does nothing, but I can say that there have been plenty of times I've sent feedback about an issue and found it fixed a short time later (but this was in the setting of a glitch/bug, rather than a request for a new feature).

The other option would be to look for a 3rd party solution, either through an app or a custom ROM.
Well yes, this is certainly a sensible possible solution. I was merely trying to make light about how hard it can be to get through to a behemoth like google. I am sure in reality, this would be a very simple fix, as a lot of android devices seem to have this feature. It appears to be more of an issue with moto, than android.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well yes, this is certainly a sensible possible solution. I was merely trying to make light about how hard it can be to get through to a behemoth like google. I am sure in reality, this would be a very simple fix, as a lot of android devices seem to have this feature. It appears to be more of an issue with moto, than android.
I agree about the frustration of trying to get human support -- so many companies (and not just the behemoths) these days insist on referring the user to FAQs, help forums, or chatbots, and seem to purposely bury any option to speak to a live person. 😖

Reactions: winmod21

Cadmus8421

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
I agree about the frustration of trying to get human support -- so many companies (and not just the behemoths) these days insist on referring the user to FAQs, help forums, or chatbots, and seem to purposely bury any option to speak to a live person. 😖
I hope that eventually....AI may actually be able to help with this. Anything to prevent being given the run around by a labyrinth of a switchboard still stuck in the early 2000s, to then be put on hold for 20 minutes, to then be told that no one is in the office to answer the phone!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: B. Diddy

pradipsrikumar

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
Device: Moto e30
Android version: 11
Software Channel: eegb

Does anyone know how to increase the length of time the screen display stays on the lock screen? Currently, if I push the power button when in sleep mode, to display the lock screen, the display screen stays on for about 5 seconds, then it dims to a lower brightness for about 2 seconds, then turns off. I can't find the option anywhere in the settings, or any downloadable apps that do this specifically.

I am not talking about how long the screen display stays on when in normal use, so not in the lock screen. I currently have this set to two minutes, and would like the lock screen display time to be about 30 seconds. Thx in advance.
Go to Settings>Accessibility>Advanced settings>Time to take action

Set this to your preferred duration. Lock screen activation will stay on longer now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Go to Settings>Accessibility>Advanced settings>Time to take action

Set this to your preferred duration. Lock screen activation will stay on longer now.
Welcome to AC!
That setting is for how long to show a message after you take action and set default stock not sure it will work for lock screen timeout even if it could setting it higher than default would be painful to see untill those messages go away even while the phone open .

Reactions: J Dubbs

pradipsrikumar

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
That setting is for how long to show a message after you take action and set default stock not sure it will work for lock screen timeout even if it could setting it higher than default would be painful to see untill those messages go away even while the phone open .
Thank you!

The specific issue I was trying to address was, when I double tapped to wake my phone and see notifications on the lock screen, it went dark very quickly (6 seconds). So I adjusted the [Time to take action] setting to 30 seconds. Worked for me. I am on S23 Ultra btw.

While open, I usually swipe away my incoming notifications while using the phone, so it doesn't affect my UX, but I see your point. Guess it depends on each user.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you!

The specific issue I was trying to address was, when I double tapped to wake my phone and see notifications on the lock screen, it went dark very quickly (6 seconds). So I adjusted the [Time to take action] setting to 30 seconds. Worked for me. I am on S23 Ultra btw.

While open, I usually swipe away my incoming notifications while using the phone, so it doesn't affect my UX, but I see your point. Guess it depends on each user.
Gotcha yeah probably be up to the user and how they like those settings.

pp15933

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I found a way to do this with my Samsung S24+ via the 'Good Lock' app, which I believe is only available for Samsung phones. So.. if you have a Samsung, this should hopefully work for you.

Install GoodLock.
Once installed, download and turn on 'LockStar'.
There you will find Default ( 5 seconds for me ), 15 secs, 30 secs, or 1 min.

This doesn't appear to work with the 'Power saving' mode turned on.
With that on, it only stays active for 3 seconds.

Attachments

• 1 Screenshot_20240229_060515_Good Lock.jpg
    1 Screenshot_20240229_060515_Good Lock.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2 Screenshot_20240229_060530_LockStar.jpg
    2 Screenshot_20240229_060530_LockStar.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 3 Screenshot_20240229_060539_LockStar.jpg
    3 Screenshot_20240229_060539_LockStar.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 5

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I found a way to do this with my Samsung S24+ via the 'Good Lock' app, which I believe is only available for Samsung phones. So.. if you have a Samsung, this should hopefully work for you.

Install GoodLock.
Once installed, download and turn on 'LockStar'.
There you will find Default ( 5 seconds for me ), 15 secs, 30 secs, or 1 min.

This doesn't appear to work with the 'Power saving' mode turned on.
With that on, it only stays active for 3 seconds.
Welcome to AC!
This topic was on a Motorola phone unfortunately not Samsung.