Android jelly bean 4.2.2 on the way?

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I heard that Google is probably gonna update jelly bean for the last time to 4.2.2 before they release the key lemon pie....it will mainly consists bug fixes....Wadupp with that!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Edgraham75

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I believe that will make Jelly Bean a "Finished Product" and they will move on to Key Lime. As some devices will not move on past Jelly Bean. Most of the lower end tablets and phones hit a stopping point when it comes to the official upgrades.

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I feel 4.2.1 has the most bugs of various kinds...ranging from Bluetooth to Wi-Fi issue...lagging of the screen...battery life..etc...let's hope Google fixes this all to make JELLY BEAN bug free...our atleast as much as possible.....looking forward to it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I think Google should drop code names for updates period. Let 4.3 be 4.3 and not another code name like key lime pie. I am stick of "Android fragmentation" B. S. You don't hear people screaming fragmentation when apple goes from 6.0 to 6.1. Keeping the code names makes people think it is a completely new operating system and not an update to the existing one.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I think Google should drop code names for updates period. Let 4.3 be 4.3 and not another code name like key lime pie. I am stick of "Android fragmentation" B. S. You don't hear people screaming fragmentation when apple goes from 6.0 to 6.1. Keeping the code names makes people think it is a completely new operating system and not an update to the existing one.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

You don't hear people screaming about ios 6.0 -6.1 because apple updates ALL ios devices regardless of carrier, updating is by choice, and when people CHOOSE to not update no one will scream about it obviously. Android doesn't That's where the fragmentation is. Some/most carriers add their own crap that no one ever uses on the device. And when there's an update they have to re test all the apps to see if the OS will be compatible with the crap they put on the phones. And most if not all the time they don't want to do it. And if they do, that's the reason why updating OS takes sooo long to be received. That's one obstacle google is trying to solve. I personally like the code names. haha. Just my 2 cents.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
And the fragmentation is one of the reasons why people are into the Nexus line, because it's pure Google.

I have two Android devices. I have the original Droid Razr and the "official" OS version is 4.01 (correct? I'm actually running the leaked OTA update). My Nexus 7 has the latest release (I've lost track of version numbers!) I'm sure I'll see Key Lime Pie on my Nexus 7 before anyone sees it on their non-Nexus device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD