Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
No update for me here in PA :(

I checked twice last night and by that I mean 5 times......lol

Sent from my MoPho

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got the pop-up; downloading and installing now in Naperville, Il. Bought my review back in July. I'm seeing ketchup and hearing Linda Rondstadt singing Anticipation.

Zimzongus

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I got it this morning. Although I haven't had time to fully explore everything, at first glance I'm not to impressed, although the new guide that combines both web and TV content looks promising. The most disappointing thing is the App Store. There are very few apps (which I was expecting), but the coolest looking apps that would actually enhance the Revue all say that they aren't compatible.

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Not a lot of time to mess with it yet, but I can say I like the new Movies and TV replacing the What's On function. Huge for me since I hate Comcast Xfinity uncustomizable guide - this at least lets me look at only what I'm interested in seeing listed.
Seems a bit sluggish overall, but can't be sure it's not my inconsistent Comcast signal. Also, have been unable to download Google Music app. Formatting a 4GB cruzer now to use for storage.
I never disliked the old Google TV. I like this one better. I'll get a chance to do some exploring tonight and tomorrow.
Overall, first glance: looks slick, like the new UI's, market is thin at the moment and the Google Music is driving me nuts. Seems like it hangs after clicking install and then won't finish. The app shows in My Apps, but won't open - error message says try later...? Will do a restart when I add the cruzer and try again. May also go to hard line Ethernet instead of wireless.
Also, after the update, immediately got notifications that Napster and Pandora did not download properly. Update was available in the market, and that fixed it. I'm not a noob, but I am pretty ignorant and skitchy about messing stuff up I don't understand, so take it easy on me...

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
As soon I get it, I will do a factory reset as I always do with my tablets and cells. I never have any problems with my toys when I do it.

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Update came in last night. In Colorado. The update is a whole lot of, Meh. Google music added which is good, eliminated the need to have music on my media server. I would love a google apps, no love.

Does what i need it to, so I am happy.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Update came at noon today in Detroit area.
I love the new look.
I love TV & MOVIES. button. It works great with Direct TV.
Much cleaner. Look.
So far liking it have not spent alot of time with it yet. Just got home an hour ago from work.

This was a really good update in my book.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Nothing here yet in South FL (Ft. Lauderdale-North Broward area). I don't have an e-mail notification yet, so I may have to wait longer I guess. I can't really complain, I just got my Revue 2 weeks ago.

It seems mostly the Northeast US is ahead of everybody else, even though I read one from Colorado, so it may be all over the place; if that's the case is not by region.
Unless they're doing it by region, some East and some West at the same time. Anyway, this is all guessing I'm doing.

davidminor03

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else considered the option at this point of just yanking the thing and throwing it at a wall? Or is it just me?

This thing has been less then as wonderful as I hoped for when I bought it and this update has been being dangled like bait forever.

My love/hate relationship with android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus