When do you think the next gen google tv will come out? I know some got announced at CES. Do you think those will be out by summer?
    01-28-2012 12:26 AM
    wild guess here.

they'll be previewed/shown off/demoed and google i/o in may then probably not be released until the end of summer, i think the oems are still waiting on google to get the software to their liking before releasing, there were a few shown at ces this year but they all looked pretty rough (software wise) to me.
    01-28-2012 07:29 AM
    Sooner rather than later hopefully. They can't have the now-defunct Revue as the only device out there for very long.
    01-30-2012 08:41 AM
    Logitech stated they have 0 left in inventory. The Vizio one looks interesting.
    01-30-2012 01:20 PM
    Hopefully the Vizio unit will include their universal remote technology. The harmony link feature of the Revue was one of the big reasons I replaced my Roku with it.
    01-30-2012 11:24 PM
    The Harmony Universal Remote features were HIGHLY over-hyped on the Revue. The app was so limited, you couldn't even add "Activities." I was never able to even control my Blu-Ray player from the app. Ultimately, the Sony Blu-Ray GoogleTV was the better bet, since it controlled everything connected to it.

02-18-2012 11:12 AM