Vizio CoStar now saying shipped

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine shipped on the 14th sand it just reached the state I live in. So maybe tomorrow. Friggin Smartpost. Its like they strapped it to a tired snails back.

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today, here is a quick unboxing video for those of you that were wondering...there was a co-star inside :)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B8PlieDBTo[/YT]

I was going to do a setup video but unfortunately my co-star came DOA....When power was supplied I would get a black screen with a vizio log, but after 10 seconds or so the screen would go away and my tv would display "no input"....I called tech support and they are sending a replacement unit out. :(

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Bah!, Mine was in my state yesterday (about 40 minutes from my home), at midnight they shipped it back out of my state, and then it arrived in my town at 0730 hours today with a note that says "Allow two more days for delivery". This is painful. Now I am positive that it will arrive DOA like others just because it is taking so long.

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Bah!, Mine was in my state yesterday (about 40 minutes from my home), at midnight they shipped it back out of my state, and then it arrived in my town at 0730 hours today with a note that says "Allow two more days for delivery". This is painful. Now I am positive that it will arrive DOA like others just because it is taking so long.

You will probably get it today, when mine said allow two days I got it the next day....just broke. I do have to say that vizio tech support didn't give me a hassle. They gave me a ticket for return right away....hopefully it doesn't take two weeks to get it back

Generall

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine "departed Fedex location" in California at 7:33 a.m. on Aug. 18. Here it is 11:00 a.m. on Aug. 22 in Indiana and I have no updates. Four days to get to Indiana, possibly longer? I hope that the turtle my costar is strapped onto the back of doesn't get any slower. And from what I've read I'm expecting it to be DOA. That'll teach me to order something that no one has had the chance to test.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You were right. Checked the mail and it was there in the box. Luckily I had warned the kids that others were broken and that it may not work. I set it up, get the Vizio "V" splash image, then nothing. If I do a reset I get a smaller "V" image with a progress bar for about two seconds then the bigger "V" again and then black screen again.
Oddly noted that the TV then keeps distinguishing between different input levels, like 1080, 720, 480. Very disappoint, but thanks to your posts, not surprised.

I will be contacting Vizio to RMA it shortly I guess. Too bad since I have been looking forward to this device since January.

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
sucks, sorry to hear you had issues too, was hoping this was an isolated issue with mine....chalk it up to being on the cutting edge I guess

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Seems like many are having issues with this box. It is so sad when they told me 1 month to ship to me and told me firmware in near future to fix audio issues I was pissed but better than 6 weeks to get a refund and I pay shipping.

I am hoping hackers get to this and mod it and make this thing useful. Oh well I hope so. I might try one of the android mini pc cause I think snesoid and nesoid will run on it so my daughter can play.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm with you, I'm returning my Vizio. I ordered the G-Box Android thing on Amazon yesterday. Hopefully it will fair better than this piece of junk Co-Star. Such a shame too, I waited for ever for this thing.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Tech Support was actually very good for me. A guy named Jacob had to go through the regular "Are you too stupid to plug it in" questions then came to the conclusion that it was DOA (go figure). I then had the two regular options of "Advanced Replacement" , IE, they take your CC number (With a $99.99 hold) and send you another, when it gets there, you use a shipping label they put in with it to ship the broken one back. OR They email you a shipping label, you send it back, and when they get it, they ship you another one.

I have done this before with Logitech and it seems to work well, so I chose the "Advanced Replacement" 8-11 days to get here.

Side Note: I asked if anyone else had these problems and he said that I was the first he dealt with and that he spoke to the CoStar guys who said that they had not seen this before. Not sure if they meant my specific problem, or just blow smoke about these DOA issues.

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Tech Support was actually very good for me. A guy named Jacob had to go through the regular "Are you too stupid to plug it in" questions then came to the conclusion that it was DOA (go figure). I then had the two regular options of "Advanced Replacement" , IE, they take your CC number (With a $99.99 hold) and send you another, when it gets there, you use a shipping label they put in with it to ship the broken one back. OR They email you a shipping label, you send it back, and when they get it, they ship you another one.

I have done this before with Logitech and it seems to work well, so I chose the "Advanced Replacement" 8-11 days to get here.

Side Note: I asked if anyone else had these problems and he said that I was the first he dealt with and that he spoke to the CoStar guys who said that they had not seen this before. Not sure if they meant my specific problem, or just blow smoke about these DOA issues.

Lucky you they said 8-11 business days which equates to at least 2-3 weeks. Also they said they had none in stock so it could be even longer depending on when they get more manufactured.

I have no problem doing a replacement plan but I have never had a someone tell me 2-3 weeks for a replacement just stupid. I will never buy from them only amazon which does returns much much faster or tiger direct.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Looks like I'll have mine tomorrow. Hope its not broken like so many are finding out. This was looking to be a awesome device so hopefully it gets better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone here have a unit that actually works and has been set up to comment on? Screenshots perhaps? At this point mine is arriving probably tomorrow but ive lost a lot of hope that its actually going to work.

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah mine works fine if no one else chimes in I'll try to get some screenshots and info in here tomorrow its too late to start tonight.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine in today. Hooked it up, turned it on and got some garbled feedback picture then the dreaded no signal message. Unplugged and replugged same thing.

So I calmed myself and read the manual. Says there is a factory reset button at the bottom. So I pressed that for 10 seconds. Repowered on and it worked. Wiped brow and continued.

So I got as far as setting up my tivo remote and low and behold I cant control the tivo with the co star. It doesnt have the codes built in.

I read it can be done but you need the remote codes which arent listed in the manual.

Anyone here have a tivo and was able to get it to work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer