S21 preorder promo credit + price match help

TrevorV

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
Hi!
So, my family had three samsung promo credits from the s21 pre-order promotions totaling $500, I finally found something to use them on in the galaxy book alpha. Was able to get a pre-approval on a price match for 479 and ordered it using these codes once it got back in stock at $999. Of course having to wait until after the order has shipped to actually ask for the price match to be processed.

Now the problem, on paper, using these credits apparently does not act as a partial payment like a gift card, but rather a discount off of the total before any payment. Therefore they're saying I only "payed" a total price of $533, instead of $999+tax, and "estimate" a ~$50 refund for the price match.

I can somewhat understand they're having to follow policy on this, that on paper the promo credits act as discounts instead of payments, bringing down the "total price" but obviously this doesn't work out well, as it results in the $500 credit being useless since I would have been out of pocket the same amount without having used them at all, once the price match was processed.

I was told my only options were to leave it as is and just loose $500 worth of credits, or that canceling the order would reinstate the credits automatically. Of course since they wouldn't even look at the request until the item was ordered and shipped, we would have to return it, do they pay for return shipping?

Please, thoughts and recommendations?
Thank you!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Samsung usually provides paid shipping on anything returned, accept for service or accept as trade-in. That's accept not except. Just so you don't read that wrong or think I'm one of those people who don't know your from you're. For all of the items I have shipped to them they have sent an email that includes a shipping label and RMA code. Be aware though that they may charge a restocking fee since the product is not being returned for cause. Like a warranty claim, repair or service. I don't know what that cost might be if they were to charge for it but being that it is just a case of you changing your mind on a backordered item I would say the odds are pretty good they would. That cost would likely exceed or even include what it cost to ship the item.

As for your mention of, no action until the item ships, I have noticed and been annoyed by Samsung's charging policy. For example I ordered 3 items which were unavailable for shipment and then arrived in two separate shipments which they didn't bill me for until they shipped. I had the funds but had anticipated them being immediately withdrawn or at minimum withdrawn all at once but instead received two hits down the line. it just would have been nice if they had taken it or even put a hold on it at the time of purchase so that my accounts reflected the difference rather than wait.