Vizio CoStar now saying shipped

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I have mine hooked up and have been using it.

All in all I like it. It could really use more apps.

There is a tv app that brings you to websites that have shows, like crackle but having the actual crackle app would be much better. I watched a show on crackles website and the video was fantastic. Really clear and crisp but it crapped out a few minutes into it. GTV just needs a native app for crackle.

Netflix works great. Amazon Instant video brings you to the website but since they never made an app for it on any android device this is not shocking. Im much better off using the built in app in my vizio tv for that or the app on the Roku box.

Couldnt side load amazon app store. Just got an error. Ddnt try any other ones yet. Im going to work on a finding a slingbox apk and see if I can get that going.

If you really want to get your video watching money out of this you should buy the .99 cent Plex app. I run plex off my roku, tablets and phones so I already had the server set up. It streams the movies I have on my computer just fine. Havent tried them all out but since its streaming I would think all of them would work rather than playing from a usb stick and not having formats supported.

The interface is nice. Clean, simple, easy to navigate.

Web browsing is easy and looks good on my 42 inch HD tv. The remote makes it easy to type and move around.

One of my main reasons for getting this was hoping that slingbox had an app that would work. But they dont right now. Maybe in the future they will.

Having both a Roku and Co Star I guess id lean more towards Roku on pure video watching experience. Roku having a native crackle and amazon app (both which I use) tips it past the co star. I think future updates will sway me back to the co star. Im certainly glad I got it because I like having new gadgets and ill no doubt use it often.

I dont plan on using OnLive so thats not a factor for me in judging this unit.

Id be happy to answer any questions for the people still waiting or thinking about buying one.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
One of my main reasons for getting this was hoping that slingbox had an app that would work. But they dont right now. Maybe in the future they will. .

I agree with this, I was going to try and sideload the Vulkano App for the exact same reason when I get my replacement. I would be nice to have there.

I mentioned Here that I have chatted with tech support who said that they will pass on requests to the devs for apps for the device. So take that with a large grain of salt, but better than nothing.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree with this, I was going to try and sideload the Vulkano App for the exact same reason when I get my replacement. I would be nice to have there.

I mentioned Here that I have chatted with tech support who said that they will pass on requests to the devs for apps for the device. So take that with a large grain of salt, but better than nothing.

I tried side loading an app via the usb but couldn't figure out how to access the usb stick. The co star pops up a notification saying its mounted but tgere is no where to access the contents. Tried es file explorer but it wouldn't show the usb files.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Thought I'd have mine today. Said it left the FedEx that's 20 minutes from me 13 hours ago and no updates since then that it got to the USPS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Im happy to say that hidden in the spotlight app, tv and movies section is a link to slingbox for the logitech revue. This works perfectly in connecting with my slingbox pro hd. Making this WELL worth the price. Plus its free to use.

Also another gem is a link to the hbo go web app. On roku im locked out by comcast but here im good to go. Ill use this a lot since i log in using my parents account in another state.

Ill Officially be ordering another unit because of these findings.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Great to hear, hopefully the Vulkano app will be in there as well with the same results.

Glad HBO Go app is in there, how about the Xfinity Player?

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried side loading an app via the usb but couldn't figure out how to access the usb stick.

Install "File Expert" on your phone, you can use that to backup any app on your phone to your google drive. Then from your google drive you can download the apk's to your gtv......I know google drive also is not available.

Backup your google drive apk as well and access google drive via the chrome browser. after that you can access your apk's with the google drive app.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Install "File Expert" on your phone, you can use that to backup any app on your phone to your google drive. Then from your google drive you can download the apk's to your gtv......I know google drive also is not available.

Backup your google drive apk as well and access google drive via the chrome browser. after that you can access your apk's with the google drive app.

Ill try that. Thanks!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Great to hear, hopefully the Vulkano app will be in there as well with the same results.

Glad HBO Go app is in there, how about the Xfinity Player?

Its not the hbo app just an optimized for gtv web link. Still works well though. No xfinity player but do they have a web link to stream on a browser?

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

So i tried and got as far as uploading it all to google drive. When i download the files it downloads some named bin file instead of the API

Any advice?

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So i got the Google drive apk from a website and installed no problem. Apks now wont download from Google drive. Says there isnt a viewer to open it. Man what a pain

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
hmmm can you mark the apk as available offline and then browse to the location with a file manager/explorer and see if you can install that way. Without having mine just yet I can't give an exact account on how to do it. Thats just how I remember I did it on my Revue

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Vizio support about the fact that my package just fell off the earth, it ended up that for some reason it took 6 days for it to travel 100 miles.. whoever decided to use smart post should not only be fired, they should be boiled alive in hot oil.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
hmmm can you mark the apk as available offline and then browse to the location with a file manager/explorer and see if you can install that way. Without having mine just yet I can't give an exact account on how to do it. Thats just how I remember I did it on my Revue

Tried that. The es file explorer doesnt see the Google drive folder or the usb. Ill try again tonight.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I spoke with Vizio support about the fact that my package just fell off the earth, it ended up that for some reason it took 6 days for it to travel 100 miles.. whoever decided to use smart post should not only be fired, they should be boiled alive in hot oil.

Mine too. It was 20 miles from me on Wednesday night. Said it left FedEx at 730am Thursday. Thinking it was going to my local USPS Thursday its now Friday and my mail came and no new updates still.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Its not the hbo app just an optimized for gtv web link. Still works well though. No xfinity player but do they have a web link to stream on a browser?

Watch XFINITY TV Online | Full Episodes | Free Movies | Streaming

Oh and my replacement is being shipped UPS as of two days ago and the tracking number still says.
"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Ugh. Think they ran out

Last edited:

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Watch XFINITY TV Online | Full Episodes | Free Movies | Streaming

Oh and my replacement is being shipped UPS as of two days ago and the tracking number still says.
"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Ugh. Think they ran out

Ill try the Xfinity link when i get home amd let u know. Sorry bout the bad luck in shipping. Vizio underestimated the demand.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
OK. Good news and bad news. Good news is that once i backup the apks i can install them on the co star using the drop box website. Best idea is to back up the drop box apk then open that. The drop box app works on the co star.

I was able to install hbo go, crackle, veetle, xfinity and TV.com.

Bad news is none of them work.

It seems the co star is set in portrait mode and these apps wont run in portrait mode. Maybe a work around can be figured out.

I have successfully installed the facebook app. Works pretty well.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ill try the Xfinity link when i get home amd let u know. Sorry bout the bad luck in shipping. Vizio underestimated the demand.

Xfinity link is a no go. To be fair it never worked on my phone or tablet either.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Think mine was lost/stolen. It was right down the road leaving FedEx 730am Thursday didn't show up at the local USPS Thursday or today. The vizio tracking does not work and the FedEx just says left FedEx 20 minutes away from me Thursday at 730 am. Anyone see this with their shipping?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo