Android Nougat for the Honor 5X

PalakMi

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
What do you think is the likelihood of a Nougat update for the Honor 5X?
Is there a possibility of a "Nexus" mode for stock Android?
What Nougat feature are you most looking forward to?

Voice your opinion!
I would say we'll see something in a month, so far no recognized dev is contributing on CM14 or AOSP....even cyanogenmod is not committing for it now....I'm kinda disappointed that other devices git nougat while the 5x didn't

HonorUSA_Noah

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Honor is committed to delivering Android updates in a timely manner. Honor 5X will be upgraded to Android N but timing has not been determined. We are excited about the potential of the pending Android 7.0 update, and look forward to sharing more information once Google clarifies timing for general availability. (NS)

Tumbleweed_Biff

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Well Mr. Huawei, it has been 4 months since you said Huawei is committed updating the Honor 5X "in a timely manner" and that Nougat was coming. Where is Huawei in delivering on this promise? All I'm hearing is a chirping cricket.

rockinamigo14

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
in their defense, their 'flagship' is just getting Nougat this month, and their most recent device, the 6x, is not getting Nougat until May.

that being said, don't hold your breath for Nougat or EMUI 5.0 to make it to the 5x. disappointing, but predictable.

LikesCookies

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Honor is committed to delivering Android updates in a timely manner. Honor 5X will be upgraded to Android N but timing has not been determined. We are excited about the potential of the pending Android 7.0 update, and look forward to sharing more information once Google clarifies timing for general availability. (NS)

I guess Honor has reneighed on the commitment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty