Have you recommended the Honor 8 to your friends or family?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine was looking for a phone in the $400 range, I recommended him the Honor 8 or Axon 7. What about you? Did you recommend this phone to anyone?

samix

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't yet. All of my family are on iPhones and my friends with Androids have the Samsung s7. OnePlus 3 might be another one to check out.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't yet. All of my family are on iPhones and my friends with Androids have the Samsung s7. OnePlus 3 might be another one to check out.
Yes, op 3 is another one. But I prefer recommending something that you can get from amazon or best buy

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't... Most people I know uses Samsung and iPhones.
Same here. But especially now with service contracts on the way out... People are much more mindful of paying $650+ for a smartphone, whereas before it was $200 albeit with a service contract.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Same here. But especially now with service contracts on the way out... People are much more mindful of paying $650+ for a smartphone, whereas before it was $200 albeit with a service contract.

Except for the average consumers, they still go to carrier stores or retailers like Costco, Best Buy, Target, etc. to buy their phones for their carrier and finance it that way... US market is still pretty different from others and most consumers tend to just go to the carrier store and get the phone opposed to buying them online, like some geek enthusiast and other people.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Except for the average consumers, they still go to carrier stores or retailers like Costco, Best Buy, Target, etc. to buy their phones for their carrier and finance it that way... US market is still pretty different from others and most consumers tend to just go to the carrier store and get the phone opposed to buying them online, like some geek enthusiast and other people.
True but in the usa... This is slowly changing.

Still in the usa at least, carrier phones offer full Carrier support. I was using an unlocked moto g4 on att and not getting lte. They were pretty helpless just saying that the issue is it is a non carrier phone... Uh no. The issue is that the line was provisioned as a non att 2g phone. Luckily I had an old att 4glte phone and just pretended to tell them that I wanted to activate the phone on the line, so that the line would be provisioned for lte,and boom. Lte worked. Never had to even put the old phone on the line.

BUT if I were the average customer, I probably wouldn't have been able to resolve it cuz att default answer to connectivity problems is it isn't an att phone and they won't do jack to help until you have an att phone.