Hey, new here and have a get to know you question...

jyjydubya

Dec 2, 2023
Visit site
I've been using android well over a decade now and about 6 years ago or so I switched to Apple and iOS, kind of had no choice, I HATED it..! Kinda got used to it but was really happy to switch back to Android... I also almost exclusively for the past 5 years have used Samsung phones (s range) and currently have an s21... I truly don't believe I would switch to iOS unless there was no option EVER now..!
How much of an android snob are you..? Why did you choose android..? And are you the same with your phone brand (Samsung etc)..?

Reactions: Morty2264

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! 😃

I was going to try an iPhone years ago... but then batterygate happened, and along with the pricing and continuing controversies, I decided I didn't want to give them my money lol. I've played with them over the years but they don't really do anything for me... probably because I've been using Androids for too long 😉

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've never had an interest in iOS' probably because I never had an interest in MacOS. I've always used PC, especially for gaming. I'm using Samsung now, but have used Nexus, Motorola and LG in the past. So brand isn't that important to me.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Pretty similar to Laura, I've been using Samsung for a few years just because they are the best devices available generally, but have used Nexus, Oneplus, Motorola, zte... Pixel...

I'm part of the anyhthing but Apple crew. Used to be part of a audio forum actually called anythingbutiPod back when I was rocking a Creative Zen vision M with a pair of wired Sennheisers lol.

Welcome to the forum.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pretty similar to Laura, I've been using Samsung for a few years just because they are the best devices available generally, but have used Nexus, Oneplus, Motorola, zte... Pixel...

I'm part of the anyhthing but Apple crew. Used to be part of a audio forum actually called anythingbutiPod back when I was rocking a Creative Zen vision M with a pair of wired Sennheisers lol.

Welcome to the forum.
Zen Vision:M! I still have mine stored away somewhere. I also had the Cambridge Soundworks Playdock, which was a great speaker dock. I ended up getting an iPod as well, only for the car I had at the time, since the interface was specifically designed for iPods.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Zen Vision:M! I still have mine stored away somewhere. I also had the Cambridge Soundworks Playdock, which was a great speaker dock. I ended up getting an iPod as well, only for the car I had at the time, since the interface was specifically designed for iPods.
30 or 60 GB? I've still got mine somewhere as well, it's a surprise the things ever worked at all having a spinning hard drive in a pocket device lol. They were super cool and super capable at the time though.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
30 or 60 GB? I've still got mine somewhere as well, it's a surprise the things ever worked at all having a spinning hard drive in a pocket device lol. They were super cool and super capable at the time though.
30 GB. When I used it, it was always stationary -- like if I was exercising, it was on an elliptical, not actually running on the streets.

I've had lots of Creative Labs stuff. My first ever MP3 player was the Rhomba (256 MB!), and I also had a couple of the smaller Zens. Good times!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
30 GB. When I used it, it was always stationary -- like if I was exercising, it was on an elliptical, not actually running on the streets.

I've had lots of Creative Labs stuff. My first ever MP3 player was the Rhomba (256 MB!), and I also had a couple of the smaller Zens. Good times!
I still run outdoors with a Creative mp3 player in an armband. It's a 1gb version, not sure of the model. What I am sure of is that it's by far the best electronic device I've ever had... it's so old I don't even remember when I got it, I'm guessing 17 years ago maybe? It's hit the ground, been exposed to rain many times, needed some WD-40 to unstick the rocker style selector button, but through all that it's never missed a beat on a run 👍👍

I wish they made ANYTHING with that kind of quality anymore ☹️

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I still run outdoors with a Creative mp3 player in an armband. It's a 1gb version, not sure of the model. What I am sure of is that it's by far the best electronic device I've ever had... it's so old I don't even remember when I got it, I'm guessing 17 years ago maybe? It's hit the ground, been exposed to rain many times, needed some WD-40 to unstick the rocker style selector button, but through all that it's never missed a beat on a run 👍👍

I wish they made ANYTHING with that kind of quality anymore ☹️
Pics, I want pics!:D

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Those are great questions!

I first chose Android for something new (from BlackBerry) and stayed because of the customization, affordability, and the different brands/manufacturers associated with Android.

Hope you enjoy yourself around the forums! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000