I recently bought an Honor 8 to replace my troubled Note 5 and boy have I been impressed!

The hardware I find to be VERY aesthetically pleasing. In many ways it kinda looks like an iPhone 6 or 7. It's light, shiny, and pocketable. What's not to like? And I find the 5.2 inch display to be the perfect size.

At first I didn't really know about the EMUI. It's very IOS like IMO. But I think I like it. It's like having the best of IOS and android in one device. From the former it's VERY smooth and from the latter it's also very customizable. But to me.The best things are the all the tricks this thing has up it's sleeve like the finger print button, it's split screen features, dash buttons, gestures, etc.

Battery life is great, camera I really haven't tested.

In short this it's a SOLID phone. It may be categorized as a mid ranger but nobody told Huawei that, as it really is a flagship like device. This phone is so good it makes me think of buying an Mate 9 in time.

Last thing. One thing this phone had taught me is that with the right "mid ranger" companies like Honor or Oneplus there's no need to buy a super expensive $80" phone unless u just want to. And if u do that's fine too...But ALL the features one really could want could be found with an Honor 8 or a Oneplus 3.
    06-07-2017 12:11 AM
    I could not agree with you more. I love your review! I agree: the hardware design is beautiful and I love the 5.2" size of it. I like it even more than my previous love for the 5.5" range. It's chalk-full of features and yes, though it's technically a mid-range phone, it has flagship-like specs and it does the job just as well as most other flagships out there right now. I've never owned a mid-range phone until this one and man, it's amazing. It truly makes one reconsider spending twice or even triple the amount of money on flagships.
    06-07-2017 07:43 PM
    I could not agree with you more. I love your review! I agree: the hardware design is beautiful and I love the 5.2" size of it. I like it even more than my previous love for the 5.5" range. It's chalk-full of features and yes, though it's technically a mid-range phone, it has flagship-like specs and it does the job just as well as most other flagships out there right now. I've never owned a mid-range phone until this one and man, it's amazing. It truly makes one reconsider spending twice or even triple the amount of money on flagships.
    Right?! We spend all this money on phones and they all basically do the same thing (mid range and up).

However, one knock in the quality would be the speakers, head jack, and Power input at het bottom of the phone. It's not fully flush with the phone and I found it irritating to my pinky finger as it rubbed against it. But I put a case on it and I'm fine now. It is those small things that make a difference from Midway flagship
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-07-2017 09:56 PM
    I recently bought an Honor 8 to replace my troubled Note 5 and boy have I been impressed!

I hardware I find to be VERY aesthetically pleasing. In many ways it kinda looks like an iPhone 6 or 7. It's light, shiny, and pocketable. What's not to like? And I find the 5.2 inch display to be the perfect size.

At first I didn't really know about the EMUI. It's very IOS like IMO. But I think I like it. It's like having the best of IOS and android in one device. From the former it's VERY smooth and from the latter it's also very customizable. But to me.The best things are the all the tricks this thing has up it's sleeve like the finger print button, it's split screen features, dash buttons, gestures, etc.

In short this it's a SOLID phone. It may be categorized as a mid ranger but nobody told Huawei that, as it really is a flagship like device. This phone is so good it makes me think of buying an Mate 9 in time.

Last thing. One thing this phone had taught me is that with the right "mid ranger" company like Honor or Oneplus there's no need to buy a super expensive $80" phone unless u just want to. And if u do that's fine too...But ALL the features one really could want could be found with an Honor 8 or a Oneplus 3.
    Man what a well written article! Well done! I knew you would like the interface!! It's very smooth and yes very IOS like and I'm one who came to android a little less than two years ago from exclusively Apple. I think you will find the camera to be every bit just as good as you like the phone good! The camera is one of my most favorite features on the Honor 8. It's quick and it's crisp. That to me or for the lack of better words is all you really want from a camera anyway. Quick and Crisp. The Honor 8 has a strong camera and I think you find that you love it.

I did cave in today since I had been craving a true one hander and I bought a iPhone 5s that was like new so I should be good for a while and I'll give my honor a rest for a little while as I'm sure I'll miss the 5.2 screen size in time.

You mentioned the Mate 9. If you get one please do a write up on it here too compared to the Honor 8 as I'd be curious of your thoughts. The Mate 9 has been on my list but the price of $599 has made me say no so far. I like having one small phone and one large phone and the Mate 9 is the large device I want. You wrote your review so well that if you do get the Mate, definitely write about it please. Your article I say it is was very well informed!! Glad you are enjoying the Honor man!
    Byrese and Morty2264 like this.
    06-07-2017 10:01 PM

The hardware I find to be VERY aesthetically pleasing. In many ways it kinda looks like an iPhone 6 or 7. It's light, shiny, and pocketable. What's not to like? And I find the 5.2 inch display to be the perfect size.

Last thing. One thing this phone had taught me is that with the right "mid ranger" companies like Honor or Oneplus there's no need to buy a super expensive $80" phone unless u just want to. And if u do that's fine too...But ALL the features one really could want could be found with an Honor 8 or a Oneplus 3.
    That's very true... These days, a $300-400 phone is like 80-90% of a $800 phone. Really diminishing returns.
    krazyatom and Byrese like this.
    06-14-2017 02:16 PM
    That's very true... These days, a $300-400 phone is like 80-90% of a $800 phone. Really diminishing returns.
    So true. I do like Samsung and Apple for using high materials like Samsung super amoled, fastest ssd read/write, ios longest OS update support.
    06-14-2017 03:13 PM
    So true. I do like Samsung and Apple for using high materials like Samsung super amoled, fastest ssd read/write, ios longest OS update support.
    Speaking of updates, the honor 8 has been pretty good with updates but the honor 5x has been severely lacking. I think support and updates are the biggest drawbacks of these bargain priced phones.
    06-14-2017 05:52 PM
    The Honor 8 looks and runs great. I just wish it wasn't as slippery. I wonder if they could use a different material on the sides of the device to make it more grippy. I hate putting a case on such a beautiful device.
    06-18-2017 10:55 AM
    You can always put a skin on the sides to add a little more grip
    06-18-2017 11:29 AM
    I would also use skin if you don't like to use case. I always use case because I often sell the phone so I want to keep them in mint condition.
    06-18-2017 11:32 AM
    I would also use skin if you don't like to use case. I always use case because I often sell the phone so I want to keep them in mint condition.
    Do you use a screen protector? Tempered glass or otherwise?
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-18-2017 12:04 PM
    Do you use a screen protector? Tempered glass or otherwise?
    I prefer tempered glass!
    06-18-2017 12:09 PM
    I prefer tempered glass!
    Did you find one that works well with the Honor 8? The curved glass makes it a little tricky
    Morty2264 and krazyatom like this.
    06-18-2017 05:13 PM
    Did you find one that works well with the Honor 8? The curved glass makes it a little tricky
    I actually haven't found perfect tempered glass as well
    06-18-2017 10:18 PM
    I actually haven't found perfect tempered glass as well
    That's the bane of curved glass screens. Tempered glass screen protectors are a pain to find... At least one which fits well.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-19-2017 12:34 AM