Just pre-ordered a 12R

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I have always been very curious about the Oneplus phones and I went ahead and pre-ordered a 12R for 370.00 after a couple of promos. I know the camera on this unit is a bit underwhelming but this will be my second phone along with my Pixel 8. Really looking forward to plugging in that 100 watt charger!!
Hey that’s pretty exciting! I hope you really enjoy your new phone. Fast charging is something I really need in my life right now, too.

Last edited:

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
Ya know I've had my 12R for about 4-5 days and I like it.....alot!! Nice display, incredible battery life and charging speed, and very smooth to operate. Am I ready to replace my Pixel 8 as my primary....no I don't think so, but while home I do find myself using this phone more then my 8 because of the larger screen. If you've seen some of the reviews the camera is in question but the main camera seems fine and I only find myself using the camera when traveling. On my next trip my sim will be in my Pixel 8, but I'm not leaving my 12R at home either. Coincidentally I found this review comparing the 8 and the 12R.

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Ya know I've had my 12R for about 4-5 days and I like it.....alot!! Nice display, incredible battery life and charging speed, and very smooth to operate. Am I ready to replace my Pixel 8 as my primary....no I don't think so, but while home I do find myself using this phone more then my 8 because of the larger screen. If you've seen some of the reviews the camera is in question but the main camera seems fine and I only find myself using the camera when traveling. On my next trip my sim will be in my Pixel 8, but I'm not leaving my 12R at home either. Coincidentally I found this review comparing the 8 and the 12R.

Yeah the 12r is getting some very good reviews! I’ve got the 12 coming today. If the 12r would have offered a 512 GB storage option I probably would have gone with it over the 12. That’s my current sweet spot for android storage.

From an aesthetic standpoint I prefer the looks of the 12r. Especially the blue one! That’s a good looking phone. I’ve got the green 12 and I’m not really digging the marble look on photos. I hope I’ll like it more in person. I do like the color, though.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I currently am using the Galaxy S23U. OnePlus will give me $530 as a trade in but it's really a slight downgrade. While I love this phone, it is a bit over kill for what I use a phone for. I think if the camera was better on the 12R, I'd consider trading in my S23U. I know it's the same chip. But it would be like an even trade. I bought the 512gb and am nowhere near filling it up. So 256gb is the sweet spot for me. I've always considered getting a OnePlus phone but have been worried about them working well on Verizon.

I keep saying my next phone will be a OnePlus, then I end up changing my mind and going with Google or Samsung. I'll probably wait until the 13 comes out.

stickstickus

Mar 31, 2024
Visit site
I have had the 12R since it's release here in the UK. It is a great phone save for the curved screen, bit pointless as most users get a case! Very fast with all the abilities to customise the phone to your liking, Google, Samsung, Apple take note! Not bothered about the camera as it's a Phone NOT a camera! I will use my canon DSLR for photo's except for off the cuff ones that I take with the phone which for me are very good, mind you I am 71 so eyesight probably going anyway. I do suggest that you get a case for the phone as it is 'slippery'. Some photos below taken with the 12R.IMG_20210728_110334 (002).jpgIMG20240214215308.jpgIMG20240110170229.jpgIMG20240110123255.jpgIMG20240110123306.jpg

Reactions: YankInDaSouth