Twice I've had my Honor 8 out of the blue flash a low power warning then start shutting down. The 1st time I plugged it in on time and it started charging and was at 45%. Today I didn't get it on the charger quick enough and it shut down. I plugged it in and when it came back on again it was at 45%. Anyone else have any issues like, heard of it with the Honor 8 or any other clues?
    11-11-2017 03:49 PM
    I had a Moto phone do that. Customer service recommended that I do a fdr. Worth a shot. Make sure to backup data first.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-11-2017 04:44 PM
    Sounds like a defective battery. It can't handle 100% load and "dies". That's why it has a charge left when you boot it up. It usually happens with old, crappy (3rd party) or a defective battery. So check for a warrant replacement
    11-13-2017 12:44 AM
    Sounds like a defective battery. It can't handle 100% load and "dies". That's why it has a charge left when you boot it up. It usually happens with old, crappy (3rd party) or a defective battery. So check for a warrant replacement
    This is good. If factory reset doesn't work, then definitely get a warranty replacement
    11-13-2017 07:46 AM
    Yeah, I was going to suggest a warranty replacement if that didn't fix the issue too
    11-13-2017 07:01 PM
    I hate to hear that because it's a huge hassle to deal with Huawei honor sending it back in. They want the original receipt and a slew of pictures sent in before they will issue you a return label. As far as how long it takes I'm not sure. I just know I attempted to get my first honor 8 repaired through warranty on a charging defect but after I saw how difficult it was going to be plus I didn't want to go without my honor that long I decided to sell it as it still charged but you had to manually go into settings and change a setting to allow it to charge. So I disclosed it and sold it which was why I left honor for the very first time after using that phone for about 5 months straight. Good luck. I hope you can resolve it rather than having to send it in with all that hassle they put you through.
    11-13-2017 07:16 PM
    I hate to hear that because it's a huge hassle to deal with Huawei honor sending it back in. They want the original receipt and a slew of pictures sent in before they will issue you a return label. As far as how long it takes I'm not sure. I just know I attempted to get my first honor 8 repaired through warranty on a charging defect but after I saw how difficult it was going to be plus I didn't want to go without my honor that long I decided to sell it as it still charged but you had to manually go into settings and change a setting to allow it to charge. So I disclosed it and sold it which was why I left honor for the very first time after using that phone for about 5 months straight. Good luck. I hope you can resolve it rather than having to send it in with all that hassle they put you through.
    Oh wow that's really complicated. Man, hope mine never has problems.
    11-13-2017 08:50 PM
    Wow. That's a lot of steps just to get the return labels. Such a hassle
    11-14-2017 06:45 AM
    Thanks everyone for all the help. it doesn't happen weekly or monthly yet. Probably twice in the last 4 months and I've had it for almost a year. I'll look into all options and reply back.
    11-17-2017 09:02 PM
    Thanks everyone for all the help. it doesn't happen weekly or monthly yet. Probably twice in the last 4 months and I've had it for almost a year. I'll look into all options and reply back.
    Remember that warranty is only a year though. So if you plan to send it in... Do it soon.
    11-17-2017 09:19 PM
    If you're hitting that one year mark. Send it right away...
    11-17-2017 10:38 PM